Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F#%K! Can't Catch a breaK! F#ing Theives!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Went out for a nice dinner with the wife. It's our 23rd sunday. Parked the teener close to the door of the local Black Woods. (next to the handycap spots, can't get closer to the building!) We were in for a about 40 min. Came out and discovered some F head tried to boost my Blaupankt! Dumb ass couldn't even figure out that It had a detachable face! they pryed the front off and broke the thing! F#ing Losers!
jandro62
sorry to hear that man. I had my last car broken into, they busted a window and prybarred the dash to steal a cd player that no longer worked. Glad that I hadn't replaced it sooner.
Elliot_Cannon
I want to find these people for you...and hurt them badly!!!
Cheers, Elliot
Howard
Tough, but object lesson. You should be listening to the engine, not the stereo. I would if I had all those valves and cylinders. Crank it to 7500 and hear Wagner!
Howard
And Happy Anniversary, rookie. We've got 38. And just got this from MrsK:

A doctor was addressing a large audience in Tampa. "The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here years ago. Red meat is awful. Soft drinks corrode your stomach lining. Chinese food is loaded with MSG. High fat diets can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the long-term harm caused by the germs in our drinking water. But there is one thing that is the most dangerous of all, and we all have -- or will -- eat it. Would anyone care to guess what food causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?"

After several seconds of quiet, a small 75-year-old Jewish man in the front row raised his hand and offered, "Vedding cake?
Rusty
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Jul 18 2004, 09:20 AM)
Went out for a nice dinner with the wife. It's our 23rd sunday. Parked the teener close to the door of the local Black Woods. (next to the handycap spots, can't get closer to the building!) We were in for a about 40 min. Came out and discovered some F head tried to boost my Blaupankt! Dumb ass couldn't even figure out that It had a detachable face! they pryed the front off and broke the thing! F#ing Losers!

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. I know exactly how you feel. sad.gif

It's not even the money, really. It's the horrible feeling of having something precious violated.

-Rusty sad.gif
crash914
Wow! I thought Baltimore was the land of theives.....not the far north????

How about starting the "how to electrify the 914 skin thread??"
scotty
mad.gif Maybe we should test market Blaupunkt faceplates made of C4? Nah... mess up the 914 too much. Maybe if we bought used Hyundai's as "doner" cars and put the Blaupunkt C4 faceplates in them?
spare time toys
Next time try putting a Radio Shack decal on the face of the head unit. No self respecting thief would take one of those. wink.gif
morph
I am so sorry that this happened, ar15.gif Years ago I worked in a really bad part of Portland and I watched a group of kids breaking into my car, I couldn't do anything myself because there were so many kids headbang.gif , and several of my co-workers had cars stolen, mugged at gunpoint, and what not, I was afraid they'd pull a weapon. It was a crap car, but I felt really violated, Your car is just an extension of yourself. I believe these criminals will get whats comin to them.

Happy Aniversary!!!

Hiedi
Howard
QUOTE(scotty @ Jul 18 2004, 06:20 AM)
mad.gif Maybe we should test market Blaupunkt faceplates made of C4? Nah... mess up the 914 too much. Maybe if we bought used Hyundai's as "doner" cars and put the Blaupunkt C4 faceplates in them?

That's Harsh! Meet Attilla the Hyundai
Air_Cooled_Nut
Am I the only person who puts an afterk-market alarm in all his cars? blink.gif

That sucks and, having my Jetta broken in to, I know the sucky feeling sad.gif Sorry man. I recommend a $99 JC Whitney car alarm. I have one in my Squareback and one in my Jetta and they haven't been touched since. I have the interior sensor (so I can leave the windows open), standard current sensing, and an impact sensor (for parking lot bump-n-grinds or yanking the door handle but not overly sensitive so passing poodles set it off), and since I'm in-n-out of my Jetta a lot I disabled the chirp so not to piss off the neighbors (headlights still flash appropriatly). Put the flashing LED in an obvious place.
scotty
That's Harsh! Meet Attilla the Hyundai

ohmy.gif Sorry Attilla! I was thinking along the lines of an early 90's Excel...

I actually think the Santa fe is a pretty good deal wink.gif
aircooledboy
I have had proabably 5 decent stereos taken from my teeners over the years. For me, the most anger always came from the raging voice in my head that wanted to scream "GUTLESS PUSSIES, COME BACK HERE!!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY BALLS TRY TO TAKE THAT STEREO WHILE I'M STANDING HERE!!!!! IF YOU CAN GET IT FROM ME, IT'S YOURS chair.gif alfred.gif

Turns out, pin dick thieves prefer to take your stuff when you are not there confused24.gif
I still have the detachable face plate from the last one I had stolen. It is not a blau, but if it makes you feel any better, it is yours. laugh.gif drunk.gif
rick 918-S
Thanks for all the kind words, All of you. wavey.gif I was so mad I tossed and turned all night last night. After looking at the thing today I will be able to super glue the front back on, and it still works, so I'm calming down now. Lawrence, Your right about the feeling of being violated. Hey Howard! that's a funny one Mrs. K sent you. I read it to the better half and she laughed! biggrin.gif Thanks for sharing.

P.S. The next thing I do is the alarm! gunner.gif
ClayPerrine
I had the same problem when I got my 914 years ago. someone tried to boost the stereo. They didn't get far. I believe in a passive defense. I took some very thin wire and put double edged razor blades and triple barbed fish hooks on it in an alternating fashion. I wrapped that around the back of the radio and the wiring (using very heavy leather gloves). I came out one morning to find the passenger door open and a trail of blood from the inside of the car all the way to the curb. I assume that he reached under the dash (without looking) to disconnect the wiring and got a handful of razor blades and fishhooks. Needless to say I found little bits of meat on the fishhooks, and I still had the radio.

Serves the little thieving bastards right! spank.gif
seanery
I don't recomend Clay's method. I agree with the principle, but boobytraps are illegal, and in this litigous world we live in the thief could have actually sued him. If he had been hurt seriously Clay could have been charged.

I know, it sucks, but it's not worth it to try something like this. Better to lose a stereo than to end up on the other side of the law.
aircooledboy
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 19 2004, 09:00 AM)
I don't recomend Clay's method. I agree with the principle, but boobytraps are illegal, and in this litigous world we live in the thief could have actually sued him. If he had been hurt seriously Clay could have been charged.

I know, it sucks, but it's not worth it to try something like this. Better to lose a stereo than to end up on the other side of the law.

FRIGGIN' LAWYERS!!!!!!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif happy11.gif jester.gif cool_shades.gif
scotty
We could get a trunk monkey...no messy bodies to clean up after wink.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 19 2004, 07:00 AM)

If that thieving asshole tries to sue me.. I am going to get my lawyer and go after him for everything I can think of..... breaking and entering, destruction of private property, tresspassing, and any other criminal or civil charges my lawyer can think of! I have prepaid legal, and a lawyer that likes to nail assholes to the wall. By the time I am done with that prick, he will have so many legal fees he won't be able to see straight.

Anyway, by the time the cops got there with a warrant to search my car, the wires with the fishhooks and razor blades would be gone.

Plus Texas currently has a proposed amendment to prevent civil or criminal suits for injury sustained during the comission of a crime.
Jake Raby
Damn, I'm glad I live in the middle of no where!

That really sucks..

Last week a man down the road heard his tractor fire up, but no one was suppose to be driving it....

he ran in the house and came out with a double barrel... The tractor was hauling ass across the field to a trailer to be stolen...

The owner blasted the thief, knocked him off the tractor and he was squashed..... The pics I saw showed a huge chevron type tire tread inbedded on his back! he got exactly what he deserved...

BTW, I saw the trigger man at the store this morning, with a stringer of bass, he never even got arrested...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jul 19 2004, 11:48 AM)
Damn, I'm glad I live in the middle of no where!

That really sucks..

Last week a man down the road heard his tractor fire up, but no one was suppose to be driving it....

he ran in the house and came out with a double barrel... The tractor was hauling ass across the field to a trailer to be stolen...

The owner blasted the thief, knocked him off the tractor and he was squashed..... The pics I saw showed a huge chevron type tire tread inbedded on his back! he got exactly what he deserved...

BTW, I saw the trigger man at the store this morning, with a stringer of bass, he never even got arrested...

Southern Justice! ar15.gif Man I would have liked to catch the guy that wrecked my Blaupunkt! Car alarm time!
Jake Raby
Yep... Come around these parts and if the hounds don't get ya- The Winchester will!

We have lived on the same property for 35 years, the only thing thats been stolen was the gas out of my dads old truck when we had a local drunk that needed some gas to go pick up some shine!

In the old days moonshiners used to use hogs as theft deterrents, they would eat the mash and stay drunk all the time but them suckers are mean! If one takes you down they'll kill ya from just stepping on you!

Its a totally different world!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.