Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Never Seen a Conversion Look This Good
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
Man 'O Man I think this is really Kewl beer.gif It does take away the distinction our 914's have that sets them apart from every other car but it is a very nice job.

Sure does change the lines, eh? Those flares are smooth.......

Convertible Conversion

...........b
seanery
It's been on Ebay before and must not have sold. The guy stuck crests everywhere. I think it's a hack job, no attention to detail. Look how dirty the engine is, the stick-on pedal covers, the crest with the drop shadow over white on the inside rear trunk. Someone that has the lack of detail on those items isn't my choice to do a major modification of a car.

It IS interesting looking, but very scary detail-wise.
Demick
I wanna know where the engine gets it's cooling air from with the convertible top sitting on top of it sealing it off.

Demick
736conver
Its been in the local paper here for about a year now with no sale. Always says the same thing.
FOR SALE BY ORDER OF HER ROYAL HIGHNESS

Price in the paper is $8500. Always thought the owner screwed up when he wrote convertible. Now I know he actually meant it.
736conver
If anybody wants an inspection on it I could go look at it for them. I'm not an expert but I know what to look for.
Rusty
Rear flares look okay. Something about the rear valance looks funky. There's a dash cover, and a split targa/rollbar seal. Are those 80s shag mats out of a 911?

The green color is nice, but the car was originally yellow. There's nothing separating the engine noise from the passengers... hence the MONSTER speakers behind each seat. I counted six speakers.

Yeah, I think Sean is right. This one is a hack. Maybe even a rollover that they found convienent to cut the roll bar off of.

They could have cleaned up the engine bay some.
thomasotten
Funny how highly modified cars like that are worth LESS than a plain stock model, of similar condition. I am sure he thinks it's worth gold, and I am sure he put alot of money into it - but he put the money in the wrong places! Money and taste are seldom found together.
Andyrew
In a roll over the front windshield takes all the damage from the top... The targa bar remains...

Looks like it was done by an average joe.. The wiring is laying over the place, there was no though about air intake.. 5 lug from a 924S...

the pedals I had in my car from my PO, I threw them out 5 mins after I got home..

Porsche crest on the stock steering wheel would have been a nice touch if it was done right.. A smaller crest in the center, or even drilling out a spot in the wheel for the crest to sit in.. like an inground pool....

Oh And I would have painted the front and rear valance to match the painted rockers...

If it does have no rust (hmm battery, rear trunk..) Then someone could buy it for 7k..

Drive it for a while and do the details.

Its a nice 20 footer.

Andrew
worktheweb
That thing looks like a pregnant Ghia with the top up!
Damn, he has a new transmission AND a new gear box! Say what? ohmy.gif Yeah, that's right!

I like the aftermarket "kick me, I'm right here" front speaker.

That thing must be loud as hell for the passengers.

I can't comment on the appearance since it looks way nicer than my car but that stereo wiring is as ghetto as they come. pain30.gif

But on the other hand, how many rust-free (if that's true) 914s are there in Sconi anyway?
aircooledboy
I'm with Bruce. I really like the look of this car for the most part. The guy should be barred from possessing any adhesive backed Porsche crests for at least 2 years, and the cooling would concern me also, but the engine not being detailed or the audio wiring being visable wouldn't bother me.

I prefer to find an undetailed engine when I look at a car. Filthy is bad, but a recently detailed engine can be too. You can tell alot about an engine from its normal coat of grime.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Jul 19 2004, 08:04 AM)
I'm with Bruce. I really like the look of this car for the most part. The guy should be barred from possessing any adhesive backed Porsche crests for at least 2 years, and the cooling would concern me also, but the engine not being detailed or the audio wiring being visable wouldn't bother me.

I prefer to find an undetailed engine when I look at a car. Filthy is bad, but a recently detailed engine can be too. You can tell alot about an engine from its normal coat of grime.

wink.gif Well... 1 outta 8 ain't bad odds laugh.gif
thanks Chris, I always liked "Different" thangs.

I'd buy it in a NY minute if'n I had $ ta burn then stick a V8 init beerchug.gif

..........b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.