Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 2270 type4 motor + EFI + extras
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RonW
I’m wrapping up purchase of a suby motor…and am sadly parting way with this amazing engine. I built it from the block up and have invested countless amounts of blood, sweat and tears, not to mention more than 10k in parts. Here are the major components of the engine......
• Type 4 case clearanced for stroker crank- “W” case w/ oil galley plug mod. Bore alignment checked by Rimco
• DPR 78.4 mm crank
• 5.4" H-Bean rods w/ ARP bolts balanced end to end
• Reciprocating assembly dynamically balanced by Jake Raby
• 96mm Keith Black pistons/AA cylinders/Hastings rings
• Static compression 9.854:1 and dynamic compression 7.380:1
• Manton chromoly push rods individually sized for each intake/exhaust
• Heads 44x36mm SS valves, matched ported/polished w/ dual valve springs and 911 swivel adjusters as well as chromoly studs for exhaust and rocker studs.
• ARP case bolts/nuts
• Full flow oiling w/ -8AN stainless steel braided lines w/ additional heat resistant cover.
• Split duration cam RAT (Raby) 9501 w/ double thrust cam bearings from Jake
• DTM cooling upright cooling system + tig welded and balanced fan (for higher rev capacity)
• Jenvey 42mm throttle bodies w/ 30#/hour Bosch "Red" top injectors
• K&N filters for each stack
• Jakes bell crank throttle linkage
• CB intake manifolds drilled for MAP signal
• -6 AN Aeroquip for fuel -8AN for oil
• RAT T1 killer FF Oil pump cover
• Megasquirt ecu
o v3.57 board w/ MS3 + MS3x + relay board
o Sequential ignition and injection but easily set to wasted spark if desired
o Ls2 coil near plugs
o Cam trigger wheel (modified Vanagan unit) and 36-1 trigger wheel (from Mark de Bernardi)
o all Weather Pack or OEM bosche terminals in engine bay, 2nd MAP sensor added for continuous barometric reading
o Wiring harness all high grade wiring from DIYautotune or marine grade stuff wrapped in Techflex and heat shrink

• LC-1 WBO2 sensor for AFR, TPS, IAC sensor, cht in head wired to ECU as well as MAP signal from a cnc aluminum manifold to smooth pulse
• Custom CNC motor mount for a 912 to bolt to stock location
• Custom Turbo Thomas 4 into 1 1-5/8" header w/ Magnaflow muffler (bungs for EGT on #3 and for AFR past collector)
• Flywheel 914/Sachs pressure plate/disk all balanced w/ above reciprocating assembly by Jake
• Bosche fuel pump
• Engine assembled with all quality German Kolbenschmidt/Mahle bearings and Victor Reinz seals/gaskets. I will include a NOS spare main Mahle main bearings std/.010” (no longer available and difficult to locate!)

The motor has been very well cared for w/ vigilant monitoring of temps (CHT, EGT and Oil pressure via Dakota Digital gauges) and frequent oil changes w/ Brad Penn or Swepco only. It is still in my car and will stay there until it’s sold so if you want to go for a spin, you wont be disappointed.

While I hate to part ways, but I need to make room for the new engine. Selling price is $9000 for engine and all parts listed above. Locals have first dibs, SF bay area, but I’m willing to ship at buyers expense. If payed by paypal, buyer assumes 3% charge. Open to offers. If you are interested it the motor without the fuel injection system, I am sure we can work something out.

Please do feel free to contact me.....ron at iwolfe dot com

Photos and videos:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Track Video:

Chasing down 68 911 with a 2.7L and a lot of fiberglass and lexan – Buttonwillow, CA
http://vimeo.com/23708527

Chasing down everything I can biggrin.gif – Thunderhill, CA
http://vimeo.com/21850766
RonW
price adjustment: $8k obo for above full package

if you are interested in running your carbs/dizzy, she's yours (the above motor minus EFI components) for $6.5k obo

all shipping and paypal fees still to be covered by buyer
dian
hi

so this is a 914 engine, right? how many miles? any guess/measurement of output numbers?
RonW
QUOTE(dian @ Sep 22 2011, 12:50 AM) *

hi

so this is a 914 engine, right? how many miles? any guess/measurement of output numbers?

hi dian,
yes, case is actually from a '72 914. the v1 DTM upright cooling system as you can tell is not a stock unit. i believe the v1 DTM with the oil cooler mounted to the rear would still fit in a 914 but the engine bay cover would not close. anyone, please correct me if i am wrong, i am not an 914 expert. to get it to close, 3 options exist: 1) switch to a V2 DTM that does not use the rear mounted oil cooler and re route to a remote oil cooler with fan. 2) modify this shroud to do the same as option-1 (unbolt oil cooler housing and shave the top of shroud where the air vent exits and reglass flush) , 3) use entire 914 pancake style cooling system.

miles on motor: <10k

est output 150-160hp at rear wheels (180-190hp at the flywheel) and a lot of torque early in curve, perfect for ax!

let me know if you have any other questions I can answer

thanks for the interest
ron
ChrisFoley
email sent this morning.
RonW
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 22 2011, 11:33 AM) *

email sent this morning.

email not rec'd but will call you

hey guys, not sure why but I am not receiving emails via built in forum feature (yes i verified the address wink.gif ), i just tried emailing myself and nothing went thru. please email me ron at iwolfe dot com

thanks for the interest
ron
RonW
Sold, pending payment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.