Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hole in Air Box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
Ever since I got this 2.0 engine this hole has bothered me. Is something supposed to go in there. I'm pretty sure it goes straight thru. Looks like a great big vacuum leak to me.

..........b
SLITS
that is called the "plenum" and the hole looks like one of the two that mount a thru bolt. Sorry, my eyes are bad or the pic is funky. there is a sleeve that is welded/crimped inside.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jul 18 2004, 12:36 PM)
that is called the "plenum"

I knew that rolleyes.gif

as with age and sniff'n too much CO with the garage doors closed wacko.gif I couldn't think of the rightful name cool.gif
Anyway....... what would one use the hole for with which to put bolt thru it? What's it hold? I did discover there is no vacuum leak there so that's a plus! beer.gif

..........b
SLITS
The two "thru" bolts hold the plenum to the plenum mount that bolts to the engine. I'm not near my shop, so I can't take a picture of what I'm talking about.

Also, when the interior sleeve breaks the crimps (from vibration) you will have a hell of a vacuum leak.
Dave_Darling
The mounting holes have bolts in them already in that pic.

The hole shown has a counterpart on the other side of the plenum. Both of those are reinforcements to keep the top of the plenum from squashing down to the bottom of the plenum. They go all the way through, and should be completely sealed off from the inside of the plenum--if you feel an air leak there, seal it up.

--DD
mike_the_man
Those bothered the hell out of me too. After taking the plenum out and having a closer look, I decided it was no big deal. What DD said.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.