Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tach hack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
converted my tach to 8k, scanned face and added hash marks and number, also cleaned up face. Removed signal arrows and # text.

Limiter on motor is set at 7500 now, so need some extra headroom on the tach. Looking at the coils, I think the tach will read to about 7400 or 7500. I probably will shift around 6500 => 6800 most of the time but sometimes you need the extra revs in the gears.

I am such a motor nerd.
dr
SirAndy
that's cool! smilie_pokal.gif

can you send me your high-res files (before and after)?

i need to do something similar, but keep the blinker indicators (upside down!) ...
Andy
nebreitling
agree.gif that is tres cool

now if only i had a motor that would rev to 7k
seanery
I had one that rev'd to about 9k....ONCE sad.gif
ArtechnikA
i'm just curious why you did this rather than using an 8000-rpm 5" AutoMeter tach...
seanery
this was free. biggrin.gif
machina
Like to keep certain parts of the car original, and I love the look of the factory gauges. That autometer is most likely more accurate but it just don't look right to me in a 914.

idea.gif

dr
TimT
That autometer is most likely more accurate

Im not sure thats true...

When we tune my friends car, the virtual "dashboard" (this is a haltech managed engine)
shows a 400RPM difference between what the ECU sees, and what the Autometer tach is reading..The Autometer gauge was installed while the VDO gauge was out being made into a 10000RPM tach, unfortunately when we got the tach back it didnt work with the Haltech, so we sent it back to be made compatible with the haltech..

Maybe we will find the VDO is off compared with what the ECU is seeing also....

Its always fun to add more variables to really cloud things up biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.