Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914-6 for sale - sold
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Cargirl

Thanks everyone but the car has sold and is on its way to Norway. I have more 914 projects that I will post soon.

Vin: 914 043 1402
• 1st owner was a Toyota dealer 1970/74. Then sold to a former racer and Can-Am mechanic (Jim Hall/Carl Haas, Chaparral) hence all the extensive modifications.
• Engine was not original 914-6 and it was damaged. So engine is not included. The trans is a real 914-6 transmission with end shifter unit (different than the original 914-4 VW end shifter unit) Oil tank is 914-6 with the oil lines and real 914-6 front engine mount.
• Body stripped to the bare metal and painted by Body Werks of Barrington, Illinois. Paint is Audi Pearl White. Grey primer, white paint, 17 coats of hand-rubbed pearl, clear cloat.
• Cage is full SCCA legal, built by F1 fabricator Dick Butler (BRM, Harley R&D, Chaparral, etc.) Diagonal brace removable for taller people.
• Suspension has springs and torsion: 40% stiffer than stock. Front and rear adjustable anti-sway bars. Koni low-pressure-gas adjustable shocks and struts. S brakes front. Wheels 15x6. Steering is rebuilt with teflon tensioner replacing delrin. Pedal box rebuilt, new bushings.
• Chassis plates. "Ginther kit" added to stiffen rear. Main bushings: Solid urethane replaced rubber. Main bolts: safety-wired. Brakes semi-metallic pads.
• Fuel system has Aeroquip-style (Earl's) for all delivery and inter-carb lines. Holly fuel pump and pressure regulator. Fuel tank has been "sloshed" with aircraft seal.
Asking $15,000.00 located in PA

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
steveherman
is the rear trunk carpeted or is that sprayed?
Cargirl
QUOTE(steveherman @ Sep 20 2011, 07:20 PM) *

is the rear trunk carpeted or is that sprayed?

carpetedClick to view attachment
type47
hell hole pix? what about the engine sheet metal and engine mount?
Cargirl
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 22 2011, 12:36 PM) *

hell hole pix? what about the engine sheet metal and engine mount?

Car comes as is... that is without the sheet metal and engine mount.Click to view attachment
sixaddict
Whoever might buy this I have factory Engine side mount. Nicely refinished but not cheap....
Thanks
Cargirl
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Sep 22 2011, 05:28 PM) *

Whoever might buy this I have factory Engine side mount. Nicely refinished but not cheap....
Thanks

I will let the new owner know. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.