Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mfg. Decals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal

Who on the site does decals for race cars.

Got a bunch I'd like to get built.
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 20 2011, 08:17 PM) *

I found a "GT" decal set on ebay .... reasonably priced and with a good selection in the package. It also came with 2 Koni's and the white meatballs, 2 large ones for the doors and 2 smaller for the hood and trunk. There are some others I would like as well, so a supplier here would be great.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Not a Member here but,

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/I-Say-Ding-Dong-Decals-Stickers
campbellcj
I have just recently been ordering some on ebay as well. I am not going for a faithful GT look, but still want some vintage period-correct decals and they're out there.
Randal
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Sep 20 2011, 09:49 PM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 20 2011, 08:17 PM) *

I found a "GT" decal set on ebay .... reasonably priced and with a good selection in the package. It also came with 2 Koni's and the white meatballs, 2 large ones for the doors and 2 smaller for the hood and trunk. There are some others I would like as well, so a supplier here would be great.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Those are nice and look period correct. Great find.
Randal
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 21 2011, 03:23 AM) *

Man, what a stock of decals. Thanks.
MikeSpraggi
QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 21 2011, 09:35 AM) *

Man, what a stock of decals. Thanks.

I did get some of my decals from Ding Dong. Really great outfit as far as I can tell, and fairly quick delivery for being on the other side of the pond. I had been waiting a while for a set of particular decals and after a few weeks, sent them an email stating I never received them. They immediately sent out another set, I offered to pay, but they just sent it out to me with no worries. Later, I found the first set they had sent buried deep in some old mail! I think I Paypal'd for the second set gladly. Quality seems good as well. They have my vote.
Randal
QUOTE(badm @ Sep 21 2011, 05:07 PM) *

Great. Thanks. There are few there I will use for sure.
Randal

Funny, but makes me want to do a period correct racer!
carr914
These came from Ding Dong

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
These came from FactoryTour

Click to view attachment
carr914
These I had made biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Randal
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 21 2011, 06:32 PM) *

These I had made biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Those TB or Carburetor covers are so nice. Beautiful.
Randal
Some manufacturers just don't have their act together.

An example is Kendall. Paul, who built my engine, insisted we use Kendall (the new stuff) as it had a bunch of additives that lubricate well and he has never had an engine failure due to improper lubrication.

So I've used it for three years now and no issues. Actually I have a case of Brad Penn in my garage ready to go in, but the Kendall has worked well and it makes one wonder about switching.

Anyway I go to Kendall and ask them whether or not they can supply decals for my car. I've sent them emails, responded to their web format requests and to date hear nothing.

I'm just pedantic enough to want to have a Kendall sticker on my car because I use their stuff.

I guess hillclimb and autoxing cars don't carry much weight, but come on.....

I mean how many people have seen my "Where2Race" decal on the spoiler of my car?

AZ914
Not trying to hijack... but..

Do any of you know of a source for vintage euro garage signs/lights? I always thought it would be cool to do a vintage Euro garage with signs from Michelin, Aral, Cibie, Esso, Bosch, etc. instead of the more common U.S. companies.
carr914
QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 22 2011, 12:26 AM) *

An example is Kendall.
Anyway I go to Kendall and ask them whether or not they can supply decals for my car. I've sent them emails, responded to their web format requests and to date hear nothing.

I'm just pedantic enough to want to have a Kendall sticker on my car because I use their stuff.

I think I have some Old Kendall Stickers at home - I will check tonight
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 22 2011, 10:28 AM) *

QUOTE(Randal @ Sep 22 2011, 12:26 AM) *

An example is Kendall.

I think I have some Old Kendall Stickers at home - I will check tonight

Randal, I did find 2 Kendall Stickers - they do not match each other - yours if you want them

T.C.
campbellcj
FWIW I just bought an array of stuff from Ding Dong and it was all nice quality and arrived quickly. Thanks for the referral!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.