Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Longitidinal repair door braces
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ThePaintedMan
Hello all,
I was curious whether anyone has a pair of these braces they fabricated for their longitudinal repair that they no longer need and want to sell (or give away smile.gif )? I am going to be dropping the drivetrain soon and beginning my longitudinal and hell hole repair, and I would much rather use a pair that has already been made by someone else rather than going through the process myself. Granted, I could use the welding practice, but no sense in making new ones if you have some that are lying around collecting dust... or rust. Thanks!

Oh, a great picture here:
IPB Image

-George
wingnut86
I found these a few weeks ago when doing a search.

They look like they could work. You'll need to verify the minimum clearance for the door frame and check the spacing "half moons" they provide for bolts, but its an interesting product.

And, $100 is doable if you can find more uses for them, like for instance holding open a busted garage door or keeping aligators at bay more than arms length away beer.gif

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/PhotoGal...r=3#largerphoto

ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Sep 21 2011, 12:39 PM) *

I found these a few weeks ago when doing a search.

They look like they could work. You'll need to verify the minimum clearance for the door frame and check the spacing "half moons" they provide for bolts, but its an interesting product.

And, $100 is doable if you can find more uses for them, like for instance holding open a busted garage door or keeping aligators at bay more than arms length away beer.gif

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/PhotoGal...r=3#largerphoto

Sheesh! 100 bucks? Lol, I went out and bought some angle steel today for 20 bucks. Just gonna get some cheap turnbuckles from Harbor Freight and weld em together myself. Need the practice anyways smile.gif Thanks though!
sean_v8_914
cheap turn buckles will not move a chassis. they will yield
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.