Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone know anything about this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malaga_red75
Not sure if this should be in the classifieds but...

My friend is looking to get into 914's. He has a daily driver already and just wants a fun, old sports car. I have been helping him look around for cars and today he went and looked at his first one.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2599519100.html

Does anyone know anything about this car/seller??

Thanks in advance for any input.

-Peter
malaga_red75
the only thing that sounds funny is replacing the entire head because of an exhaust leak?? is that normal?
RiqueMar
QUOTE(malaga_red75 @ Sep 21 2011, 02:15 PM) *

the only thing that sounds funny is replacing the entire head because of an exhaust leak?? is that normal?

That looks alot like a car that was in the Classifieds about 6 weeks ago.
Dave_Darling
If you have an exhaust leak for long enough, it will erode the aluminum head around the leak. So replacing the head for an exhaust leak is very possible.

To figure the value of a 914, you need to look for rust. Thoroughly. It's there somewhere, you just have to find how much there is.

--DD
malaga_red75
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 21 2011, 10:32 PM) *

If you have an exhaust leak for long enough, it will erode the aluminum head around the leak. So replacing the head for an exhaust leak is very possible.

To figure the value of a 914, you need to look for rust. Thoroughly. It's there somewhere, you just have to find how much there is.

--DD

yea, i told him to look at the usual spots. If he is serious about the car, I will go look at it and go through to make sure everything is good.

-Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.