Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Santa Clarita Fire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave Bell
Fire has eaten up about 4000 acres in Santa Clarita, CA since yesterday. No buildings or lives lost.

Photos take about 1 hour ago. Fire is about 2 miles from the house. 1/2 mile of sand wash and 6 lane freeway should stop it from coming further North.
Dave Bell
Photo 2
SLITS
Hey, the ATV/Motorcycle trails will save ya. biggrin.gif

Good luck - hope it all turns out well.
Allan
Good luck man! I go through that area at least once a week, plus a really good friend of mine lives right there. He says things are okay right now but! flag.gif
URY914
Can that 'chopper really be making a difference?
Looks like it's pissing on it.

Paul
andys
Hey Dave,

Your shots are same as my view of those mountains. I'm in Canyon Country.........drop me a PM. Ash raining down like crazy at the house, and making a real mess of everything. Couldn't work outside Sat. & Sun.

Andy
morph
I hope conditions stay safe for you and your family (and your teener).
campbellcj
Scary shit Dave...I hope that you and all the teener folk in that part of the world make it thru this one OK. My understanding from the news is they think it's rapidly getting under control. As someone who also lives in the SoCal hills (fire hazard zone) I can definitely relate!

I just hope you don't get reamed next year on your homeowners insurance...that apparently happened to some of my neighbors after last year's Simi fires, which were quite a few miles away. Thankfully our premium "only" went up $125/yr or so...
Howard
HWY 14 showing closed on NB 405 Amber sign as of 9pm. How are you all doing?
Dave Bell
Fire did stop before wash in my area... no problems... about 3 miles south though at Golden Valley where the 14 freeway is in the the hills, the fire has hopped over to the North side. More homes on that side. I wouldn't want to be there right now. First picture shows two fires that are on both sides of the freeway at Golden Valley off in the distance. Looks like they mostly knocked it down on the house side though in about 30 minutes... Hope it stays that way.

Back in Sand Canyon Estates, due south of here over the wash and over a small hill the fire is still buring pretty good. Second picture is looking toward that area. There are some pretty big horse properties on acreage there with lots of old oak trees. Someone told me a $7 million estate home went up.... we will see.

Yep, 14 freeway has been closed for some time now. Don't know when it will open up again. Photos taken about 40 minutes ago. All is quiet at my place except for lots of ash on the ground.
Dave Bell
Next Photo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.