Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Italian Tune Up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
Tomorrow is my wife's bosses birthday, He is from Italy and i have met him and his wonderful family at a holiday social get together at his house. He is and avid motorcyclist who has a Ducati and drives a Mini Cooper S which he offered me the keys to at the party. My wife Terri suggested that i take him for a ride in my car tomorrow, he doesn't know about it, the temp will be around 56 degrees or maybe a bit cooler so the turbo kick will surely be a violent ride, she wants me to give him a ride that he will crap in his pants. The last time i drove it, i nearly crapped my pants! I think i will turn the car over to him after i show him the in's and outs and ask him to give it an Italian tune up. I hope he has a Happy Birthday as he will be the only one but me that's ever driven the turbo monster. Oh and it will be my Birthday the following day i hope i live to see it... w00t.gif driving.gif birthday3.gif stromberg.gif
eric9144
Damn Chappy, if that's how it works sign me up, I'll be over next August! MDB2.gif

Sharing is caring smile.gif

You may need to have some 'adult diapers' on hand for the wife's boss huh.gif
Haudiosolutions
Sounds fun! I want a turbo monster now! My wife hates this thread only because she knows it'll cost more money.

K quick edit...... turns out she wants a house instead... The apt has been just fine for three years! friggen wifes. Honestly at this point I'd rather have the turbo.
Enjoy the car lucky
Cairo94507
You are a very trusting man. The last time I let my friend drive my car (the DD) he drove it into a planter box and blew out a tire, damaged the rim and scratched the front bumper.... I am just saying...
rick 918-S
Remember when Yaroon let his friend or neighbor or someone drive his 911 and he drove into the drink or something like that. unsure.gif
tadink
now THAT is one fine looking automobile! sweeeet

what is the front spoiler setup? I want one too......

enjoy

td
balljoint
You swapped keys? At a party? ohmy.gif
mark21742
Your a brave man lol
Rleog
Now that is a gift that can be well appreciated, at least by members of this board. Not to be given lightly.
BajaXJ92
After all the work you've done on that car, I'd have a hard time letting someone sit in it, much less drive it. I only say this because of recent dealings with insurance companies.... dry.gif
Millerwelds
Take video so we can share in the shock and awe! driving.gif
iamchappy
I dont know if he is a crazy Italian , sane, or insane.......dont expect to much, there really is no place in this area to step on it. The highway patrol office is just down the road from there office. If he has time i will take him around Lake Minnetonka and i know some safe spots in between. Otherwise i will take a route towards the city and grab a few entrance ramps.
iamchappy
Well nothing too eventful, traffic everywhere, i gave him a little thrill ride then let him take over. He had a lot of respect for the power of the car after i ran him through 3 1/2 gears so he didn't get it into boost. He really enjoyed his birthday surprise from Terri and I. He said it reminded him of when the corporate jet takes off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.