Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thank you to our vendors for supporting MUSR12!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigDBass
It's been my experience that 914 people are among the most generous and kind that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Many of our vendors are stepping up to support the Mid-US Ramble event next month in Eureka Springs, Arkansas with some great donations for door prizes!

Please make a point to do business with these vendors who are producing parts and providing services. They do this out of love for our 914s as much as for profit (or lack thereof!)

If you haven't registered for MUSR 12, visit www.914musr.com and register now or you will miss out on the chance to win some of these prizes!

BigDBass
A&PGirl Carrie Sweet of 914Central is producing some great hardware kits.

Here is a link to her thread in our Member Vendors section:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=130024

Carrie has donated 2 sets of 914 Lock hardware kits to be given away at MUSR, and will have more kits available for purchase at the event.

IPB Image
BigDBass
We'll be giving away 2 TPS board repair kits for 2.0L 914s with D-Jet fuel injection, courtesy of Dave Sprinkle.

Our TPS is NLA, so we'd be in a tough spot if Dave weren't making these kits. The install is quick and easy with the included instructions, so if you have a 2.0L with stock FI, you owe it to yourself to get one of Dave's kits here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=129025

IPB Image
BigDBass
David Lee runs RennenMetal and produces some high quality and useful towing related products for classic Porsches and VWs. If it weren't for my RennenMetal tow bar, I wouldn't be as easily able to get my 914 to events like these.

David has ponied up 3 sets of front and rear tie down eyes that will land in the hands of 914 owners!

IPB Image

Be sure to visit the RennenMetal site at http://www.rennenmetal.com for all your 914 trailering and towing needs!
BigDBass

Check back soon for more sneak previews of MUSR giveaways! In the meantime, GO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT!
BigDBass
Bruce Stone (bdstone914) rebuilds pedal clusters for the 914, as well as 912, pre-1987 911.

If your pedal cluster needs some TLC, here's the solution:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=65920

Bruce is providing a rebuilt pedal cluster to some lucky MUSR attendee!
IPB Image
hot_shoe914
Also HUGE thanks to Eric Shea for stepping up again this year. He has been a solid supporter every year since I have been attending. Some lucky person will win a nice set of front calipers from Mr. Shea! Thanks again Eric for all you do. pray.gif

IPB Image
hot_shoe914
Props and much appreciation to the Good doctor as he once again has offered up goodies from his Evil Werks medical bag. I know I can always count on my friend Mike to come through and you all can count on him too for all your transmission needs and possibly a free prostate exam. happy11.gif Thanks again Dr. Evil for all you do for MUSR and our wonderful community! aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
poorsche914
Some great goodies being offered!

If I register, do I have to be present to win? idea.gif
BigDBass
Tangerine Racing produces some fantastic parts and offers a multitude of services to enhance the performance of our 914s.

Some day I simply MUST have a Tangerine EVO exhaust for my 914.

Check out http://www.tangerineracing.com/ for more information!

Chris Foley of CFR/Tangerine Racing has made a generous donation to the door prizes for MUSR attendees! Thanks Chris!

IPB Image
ConeDodger
Just so Dan will quit begging me in PM's biggrin.gif I am going to make it official.

A pair of these will be on their way to the MUSR peeps for door prizes. They go good with beer. beerchug.gif
rnellums
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 23 2011, 12:09 PM) *

Just so Dan will quit begging me in PM's biggrin.gif I am going to make it official.

A pair of these will be on their way to the MUSR peeps for door prizes. They go good with beer. beerchug.gif

I want one!
SirAndy
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Sep 22 2011, 07:27 AM) *
Thank you to our vendors for supporting MUSR12!, Giveaways galore!

smilie_pokal.gif
BigDBass
GPR Parts has also joined the ranks of supporting vendors.

Be sure to check http://www.gprparts.com when you need OEM or aftermarket parts for great prices and top notch customer service.

IPB Image
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Sep 23 2011, 11:09 AM) *

Nice Rob, you might want to send a second set to my home address just in case the first set gets lost in the mail or something. confused24.gif Just sayin.........
BigDBass
Guess I'd have had more success with a mug group buy than the name tags! Bummer that the mugs are almost gone!
BigDBass
Thanks to PRS914-6, 3 fortunate 914s at the Mid-US Ramble will get this seat belt makeover with new decals:
IPB Image

If your seat belt receiver looks like the one on the left, support your 914 and Paul by ordering new seat belt decals (complete with instructions) here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=67091

beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
I will make more mugs soon. My life is crazy right now though. Trying to get a new engine in, working 6 days at a time, living in two different States. We can have a group buy closer to Christmas.

By the way, I just delivered a 'warranty' mug to a guy yesterday. Don't put these in the freezer. Apparently they will crack... sad.gif

Dan, I will need an address to ship the mugs...
Dr Evil
ALWAYS happy to support the great goings one here thumb3d.gif
BigDBass
Our Canadian friends at Restoration Design are throwing a set of inner rocker panels in the giveaway parts pile!

sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif blowtorch.gif

Restoration Design produces rust repair and replacement panels for our vintage Porsches. Pay them a visit at http://www.restoration-design.com/

IPB Image

beer.gif
rnellums
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Sep 27 2011, 01:33 PM) *

Our Canadian friends at Restoration Design are throwing a set of inner rocker panels in the giveaway parts pile!

sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif blowtorch.gif

Restoration Design produces rust repair and replacement panels for our vintage Porsches. Pay them a visit at http://www.restoration-design.com/

IPB Image

beer.gif

I am gonna have to be giving them a call for some of the sheet metal for my Apollo Project!
BigDBass
Garold Shaffer has donated one of "Mom's Service Covers" to be given away at best 914 event ever to be held in the state of Arkansas!

If you don't have one, you are missing out. Go here to see more info and reviews on a unique offering:
914 Service covers - Mom's style

IPB Image

Thanks Garold and Mom!

grouphug.gif
poorsche914
Vendors have been posted to the MUSR web site.

driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Sep 27 2011, 03:59 PM) *

driving.gif

There are others too. Ronald and Mary Shortridge, Jt Snapp.(jt914-6) and I hope to have a couple more soon hopefully.
BigDBass
Brad Mayeur is, in my opinion, one of the greatest assets to the 914 community. My car would not be on the road if not for Brad. He the only mechanic in the world to whom I would be willing to hand a signed blank check, then feel like I was undercharged.

Brad's shop is 914 Limited, located in East Peoria, Illinois. If you ever need work done on your 914, 914 Limited is the place to go.

914 Limited is contributing some gift certificates to be given away at MUSR, and Brad is also attending the event with his wife! Be sure to pick his brain!

BigDBass
Pelican Parts has joined the ranks of contributors and is putting together a package of goodies for MUSR!

Pelican Parts has been supplying affordable Porsche parts for almost 15 years. They also have a ton of great "how to" articles, parts diagrams, and more on their website about 914s that have helped many of us tackle repairs and mods.

When you're looking for parts, be sure to check out the Pelican Parts website!

IPB Image
ChrisFoley
Donald should have my contribution by tomorrow. smile.gif
BigDBass
A package from Mark of 914rubber.com fame is slated for the MUSR giveaway stash!

When it comes to seals and lots of other NLA parts, look no further than www.914rubber.com for great pricing and quality!
BigDBass
Perry Kiehl is the proprietor of "914 Network", the exclusive source of the "Umbrella Cover" for the 914 and 911 Targa. These covers help address the issues of leakage and sunlight faced by our old cars.

Take a look at the thread here in the member vendors section: 914 Umbrella Covers. Perry also supplies parts and does repair and restoration work for 914s so be sure to get yourself an umbrella cover and consider 914 Network for your parts and service needs!

Perry has stepped up and pitched in some parts to be given away at the MUSR!

aktion035.gif first.gif wub.gif pray.gif w00t.gif smilie_pokal.gif popcorn[1].gif rolleyes.gif cheer.gif piratenanner.gif

Thanks to one and ALL that have donated to make this event special!!!
BigDBass
James and Hiedi Hogue (aka morph) run 914 Appearance and Performance and offer a TON of great items for 914s. I personally have morph's speaker panels and passenger footwell subwoofer box in my 914.

They've generously contributed a pair of seat insert replacements in 72-74 basketweave material so you can replace the back rest part of your seats if they are damaged. These inserts can save you a ton of money if this is the only part of your seat with damage!
Click to view attachment

Check out their vendor thread here: 914 Appearance and Performance or visit their site at www.914ap.com I guarantee they have some products you need!

Thanks 914 Appearance and Performance!!! cheer.gif
BigDBass
Wow, collecting goodies is rather fun.. Like Christmas without having to pay a bill afterward...

Tire Rack has contributed a nice package of goodies!

IPB Image

When you're looking for tires, wheels, suspension parts, and more, look no further than Tire Rack for competitive pricing and great customer service. Pay them a visit and browse the offerings at Tire Rack website.

Eric_Shea

Can I be PMB Performance? biggrin.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 7 2011, 03:38 PM) *

I dunno, can you?! happy11.gif
PMB Performance is awesome, so I can certainly see why you'd want to be.

Just a reminder: Visit PMB Performance for the best Porsche brake solutions!
IPB Image

smilie_pokal.gif

poorsche914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 7 2011, 04:38 PM) *

Eric,
I will make that change when I update the site list.
EDIT: site updated and you are now PMB Performance smile.gif

steve

driving.gif
Eric_Shea
pray.gif w00t.gif
BigDBass
w00t.gif

Late breaking news!

yello914 has joined the cool kids!! (And totally made my night in the process!)

Some lucky winner at MUSR will receive a new set of reproduction aluminum threshold plates and carpet rails for your Porsche 914-6 or 914-4 from the next production run!

IPB Image

drooley.gif

Here's a link to yello914's thread in the Member Vendors section: aluminum threshold plates and carpet rails
hot_shoe914
I have the package from Tangerine Racing. A couple of lucky winners will be very pleased.

Don't forget Ron and Mary Shortride. They are making a very "tasty" donation!
Dr Evil
Don, I think it was the event SLITS was putting on that I sent the package out for. So, I need to get hot on getting some DVDs made and will send you a few copies with some patches. I wish the stickers were in....maybe Mon smile.gif

For future events, I love giving stuff out for these. You are not bothering or bugging me. I am very busy with the doctoring thing so stuff slips my mind. It is OK to nag me so I dont forget smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 8 2011, 05:26 PM) *

Don, I think it was the event SLITS was putting on that I sent the package out for. So, I need to get hot on getting some DVDs made and will send you a few copies with some patches. I wish the stickers were in....maybe Mon smile.gif

For future events, I love giving stuff out for these. You are not bothering or bugging me. I am very busy with the doctoring thing so stuff slips my mind. It is OK to nag me so I dont forget smile.gif

It is okay, I just figured the dog farts icon8.gif were eating your brain cells. barf.gif
hot_shoe914
Not going to attempt to thank all the vendors individually right now due to illness but I want to let it be known that you guys ROCK!!! We had enough goodies to go around twice and there were some very happy winners. If you won something please be sure to contact that vendor and thank them personally and also here on the thread. The folks continually support us and our events so lets continue to support them!!!

Shoe

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
I wanted to bring this back to the TOP....

Big Thanks to ALL the vendors that helped make this a great event!!

Special thanks from me goes to Brad for the CHT Extension that assist 2.0 warmup and to TireRack for my Cap. I promoted them all weekend so it was only fitting I won their Logo cap!!
hot_shoe914
Now that I am feeling a little better I want to try and thank all the vendors who supported MUSR12 with their generous donations. I'm sure I will forget somebody but I can assure you it is not intentional.

I will start with Chris Foley and Tangerine Racing as it was his new firewall shift rod bushing that helped make it possible for Christine to attend. Follow that by Brad Mayeur and 914ltd as it was Brad who not only made several generous donations but also fixed Christine where she would run after I towed her to the event. All the others in no specific order as I can remember them.

Eric Shea and PMB

Rob Simes for his nice mugs even though I had to give the one I won to my daughter in exchange for Foley's bushing that she won.

GPR forall their great donations.

Restoration Designs for their awesome donation which I did NOT win but wanted badly. Congrats Mike Moorman on your new inner longs.

Pelican Parts for their great donations and for the awesome Porsche sunglasses that went to the winner of the Tech quiz(which I had no shot at since I was in possesion of the answer sheet and disallowed my participation).

Ed Morrow who wrote such an awesome Tech quiz which came down to a 2 way tie.

Gerald Shaffer for that super nice service cover that I WILL own someday.

A&Pgirl (Carrie) for her awesome hardware kits which I did manage to trade someone out of one.

Bruce Stone for his awesome pedal cluster which is second to none.

Dr Evil for his awesome items which I still need to get shipped to the winners.

Dave Sprinkle for his really nice TPS boards.

David Lee at RennenMetal for his generous donations of which I was lucky enough to win one of.

PRS914-6 for his donation of seatbelt replacement stickers.

Ronald and Mary Shortride for their very tasty donation which I believe everybody would have liked to have won. Congrats Ken Park(7275911914) for escaping with that awesome prize.

Jt Snapp.(jt914-6) who donated for the goodie bags and made sure everybody had some matchbox 914s, even a few Lesney Editions.

George Hussey and AA for his generous donations. The tech tip books were well sought after along with the other goodies you provided.

Mark at 914rubber.com for his awesome stash of goodies. He always comes through for the 914 community.

To Tire Rack for their goodies and hopefully next year we can talk them out of a set of tires.

Perry Kiehl of 914 Network for his donations, much appreciated.

James and Hiedi Hogue (aka morph) run 914 Appearance and Performance also kicked in some very nice items for a lucky winner to enjoy.

yello914 donated some awesome thresholds for a lucky winner as well. Not sure who won those.

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone as my memory isn't what it used to be. You guy really made MUSR12 a big hit along with all the people who attended. THANK YOU EACH AND EVERY ONE!!!

Shoe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.