Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rignt blinker always on???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SteveL
My right turn signal is always on. Lights off, right side is blinking. Lights on, right side is blinking. Left turn signal on, left side and right side blinking. Right turn signal on, right side blinking. WTF??? confused24.gif I am also having issues with the light housings shorting out on the body. Are they wired incorrectly? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Steve
john rogers
There are two possibilities, one it could be the signal switch with dirt or something inside causing the lights to be on. Or it could be the flasher switch failing as it ties into the turn signal wiring and can also affect the lights. Good luck
Andyrew
Also check the blinker fluid..

Thats one I've been known to forget to top off..

Sounds like your running the Blue blinker fluid.. Might be best to switch to the red.. Increases bulb activity and longevity...

wink.gif

Might be a relay... Or possibly something grounded that shouldnt be....

Andrew
redshift
If you turn the other blinker on, it will look like hazzard lights..

smile.gif

Sorry.

M
94teener
Check to make sure that you don't have the parking brake light wire (BK/GR/WH) erroneously connected to the RH turn signal indicator. The turn signal wire that feeds both left and right indicator lamps is BL/WH.

What makes the circuit determin which turn signal indicator to flash, left or right, is which indicator ground wire is connected to ground via the side opposite of the turn signal selected by the turn signal switch. Sounds confusing, I know, but that's the way it works.

Take a look at this drawing which shows how to wire left and right indicators in a car that had only a single ts indicator or dual indicators that flashed simultaneously, no matter which side was selected. This drawing shows how indepent left and right indicator ground wires should be connected to make them operate like modern cars.

What John rogers said might also be the problem.

Phil
SteveL
Thanks for the help. I ran to the FLAPS to get a replacement flasher relay, and they couldn't match it. Is this a rare part that I am going to have to get through the internet?
Also, chekcing the wiring to the lights: there are 3 connections: Black wire, Brown wire, and a double wire connection. Can anyone tell me which one goes where?

Thanks again.
Steve
SteveL
One more piece of info:
Looking at the 4 blade flasher, the blade labeled "C" is burned/blackened at the base. Does this offer any usable clue?
TIA
Steve
SirAndy
QUOTE(SteveL @ Jul 18 2004, 08:11 PM)
I am also having issues with the light housings shorting out on the body. Are they wired incorrectly?

that does not sound right. the housing should not be hot ...

idea.gif Andy
rick 918-S
Your switch inside the column could be cracked and stuck. The rest sounds like bad ground wires. Specially if the housing is getting hot.
TimT
Check that the grounds, still ground!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.