Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S 1975 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
zapa2
Body is in great shape. Looks almost new from outside. Comes with restoration inner and outer longerons, floorpans, hell hole kit. Also included are the 3 peice stiffner kit that fits inside car for heavier engines if desired. These pieces are worth over 1,000 alone. Ready to install. Engine and tranny pulled, also interior is out. Everything comes with this car that was removed for restoration. For sale for $3,000. Usual rust--better than most i have seen, interior needs some minor work. 80,981 miles on car. Engine was running when pulled--ran rough and was going to overhaul engine while it was out.
914itis
Is this a 2.0 engine? aren't the plugs on the 2.0 on the side instead of top?
Rand
Not a 2.0 plenum either.
zapa2
QUOTE(ppetion @ Sep 22 2011, 04:17 PM) *

Is this a 2.0 engine? aren't the plugs on the 2.0 on the side instead of top?

Pulled this engine out of the car myself--should be and was told it is the original engine.

914itis
I am not sure about that, but I am sure the experts will weight in in a few minutes. the engine may be original but not the 2.0 mark.
zapa2
QUOTE(ppetion @ Sep 22 2011, 04:35 PM) *

I am not sure about that, but I am sure the experts will weight in in a few minutes. the engine may be original but not the 2.0 mark.

Here is another angle--will that help?
Drums66
....1.8 w/mismatched parts ?? idea.gif
914itis
confused24.gif popcorn[1].gif
jsayre914
The giant nipple comming off the oil filler neck is a 1.8 L-jet giveaway. And the ECU is also L-jet. You can also see the dual relay in the bottom right corner of the pic.
914itis
ar15.gif

Click to view attachment

zapa2
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Sep 22 2011, 06:16 PM) *

The giant nipple comming off the oil filler neck is a 1.8 L-jet giveaway. And the ECU is also L-jet. You can also see the dual relay in the bottom right corner of the pic.

Well then...........Do not know why it has 2.0 on back of car. Someone must have added it to car sometime in its life. Guy that sold it to me couple of years ago might not have known either.

1975 Porsche 914 with 1.8L FOR SALE.

Glad you guys know what it is---I sure didnt.
914itis
QUOTE(zapa2 @ Sep 22 2011, 08:44 PM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Sep 22 2011, 06:16 PM) *

Well then...........Do not know why it has 2.0 on back of car. Someone must have added it to car sometime in its life. Guy that sold it to me couple of years ago might not have known either.

1975 Porsche 914 with 1.8L FOR SALE.

Glad you guys know what it is---I sure didnt.

Because the 2.0 sign is cheaper than the 2.0 engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.