Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paper Heater duct Hose replacement.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete000
OK, my paper hoses under the cowl are not bad,m but one side is torn. Mine are the OE ones the car came with and are reddish brown paper type 3".

I have tried AA and they said they had paper, but it is black. No big deal to me as this is not a Concourse car, but I do want a OEM look. They sent 2" and they have informed me they do not have any more 3" and do not know if they will be getting any more.

Is 3" paper hose now another rare obsolete NLA item? headbang.gif

The VW community seems to only need the 2"

I hear from a Ferrari friend of mine the Ferrari guys are also desperate for the 3" paper hoses.

Anyone know of a source? I have tried all the regulars AA. Pelican, Automotion etc...

Help !

slu234
I used 2-1/2" neoprene coated hose from McMaster-Carr. I ordered a 5' section for the front hoses on my 1970. Works great, looks good too and will last longer than the paper hose (not that this is a huge concern). You can also purchase the silicone hose for your heat exchanger valve to body hoses (same page, right column). The neoprene hose is rated to 300F and the silicone is rated to 500F.

McMaster-Carr Neoprene Hose

The part I ordered was 55125K18 "2-1/2" neoprene High Temperature/Flexible Duct for Fumes". Double check the diameter of the connection behind the speaker and at the mixing valves to verify what size you need.

Simple to cut to length with a utility knife and wire cutter.

McMaster-Carr is my primary source for most project involving non-stock repairs. They are fairly priced, and get the parts out quick and don't overcharge for shipping.

Cheers,
Brian
TheCabinetmaker
I don't know of any 3" hose on a 914. Largest I can think of is 60mm at both ends of the tube thru the longs . The rest is 55mm. IIRC. 3" is about 76mm.
pete000
Here is the hose in question. I might have been off in my measurement for actual Diameter. There are two in the car one on each side.

So far no luck finding a paper version. Silicon seems readily available, but I would rather have the paper ducting.

Thanks

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.