Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The RoadGlue WIKI is fixed!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
I *think* i fixed the problem with the RoadGlue Wiki sometimes showing blank pages.

Hopefully, people can now start adding content again! cheer.gif

http://www.914world.com/roadglue/wiki/inde...title=Main_Page

SirAndy
icon_bump.gif
swl
looking good Andy. Had a quick look around and no bugs jumped out at me.

Only oddity is the content of the newest pages link.
SirAndy
QUOTE(swl @ Sep 25 2011, 05:04 AM) *
Only oddity is the content of the newest pages link.

SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM

ar15.gif I hate spammers
SirAndy
Ok, i deleted the spam entries, looks like it's all clean now.

chowtime.gif
Richard Casto
SPAM will be an ongoing problem unless you have figured out a solution that I missed. We had been using reCAPTCHA and that had worked great until that was cracked. I eventually had to turn off automatic new user account creation as even with reCAPTCHA automated SPAM bots would create accounts, create new articles and add links to existing articles. It may just take a few days/weeks until this find the wiki.

Andy, was you intent to keep the links and mention of Roadglue.com on the main page? If not, I can edit those and switch that to 914world.com

Richard
SirAndy
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Sep 26 2011, 06:14 AM) *
Andy, was you intent to keep the links and mention of Roadglue.com on the main page? If not, I can edit those and switch that to 914world.com

Richard

I was going to leave that up to the collective.

Obviously, any reference to the old roadglue website is obsolete, but i'd like to keep the roadglue name.

Maybe do both? Keep the roadglue name but change the actual links to www.914world.com/roadglue?

And ditch the .com in roadglue.com?
idea.gif

Like so:

RoadGlue

type.gif
Richard Casto
Done. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Sep 27 2011, 08:19 AM) *
Done. smile.gif

Now all that's left is for you to change the link in your signature ...

biggrin.gif
McMark
Awesome! I'm thinking we should find some Wiki coder members and get a team together who can fill out a skeleton structure and layout for the information. Then we can start translating info from the Parts Vault over to the Wiki and start adding information to flesh out that skeleton structure.
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 27 2011, 12:07 PM) *

Awesome! I'm thinking we should find some Wiki coder members and get a team together who can fill out a skeleton structure and layout for the information. Then we can start translating info from the Parts Vault over to the Wiki and start adding information to flesh out that skeleton structure.

agree.gif

I've also been thinking about adding some custom code to allow for banning spammers on a per email basis.
Right now, it only allows for IP or name based banning, which is pretty useless as the same spammer can use the same email address over and over again and just change the name.

idea.gif
RoadGlue
Thanks Andy and Richard! It's great to see the information live on!

smilie_pokal.gif
Richard Casto
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 27 2011, 01:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Sep 27 2011, 08:19 AM) *
Done. smile.gif

Now all that's left is for you to change the link in your signature ...

biggrin.gif

headbang.gif Hmm, forgot about that. That is now fixed as well! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.