Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nasty paint but almost ready
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
avidfanjpl
We busted our asses on this all day, and only a few things left to do before 16 October AX in OC,CA day.

Greg Brinton (Brintech in Stanton, CA) is a carb genius. These Zeniths work killer now.

2 Tone paint, Green and Black. 2.2L T motor and a THOMAS tranny. (I actually have 2 THOMAS trannys now)

The 916 front bumper and the sides of the rear still need some fitting, as does the driver rocker panel, but this is SO much better than yesterday.

I will try to post some pics.

John

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Very nice- but please post more pictures of the engine, transaxle, suspension, brakes, etc. I know that is what keeps me motivated and working towards one day being able to post progress on my car.

Everything looks so nice and clean. Nice work.
avidfanjpl
Thanks, but most of the construction work credit goes to THOMAS, who left permanently for Germany.

We had to tear on it to fix 3 bad leaks, 1 oil and 2 brakelines. Took a while. All the door hardware is on, and today we mount the minty rearview.

I will post pics of the motor when done.

I have more suspension and brake pics, but that will have to wait till tonight.

I do have a hell of a lot of just plain dust removal ahead, and the dash will come together today. I will shoot more pics.

Maybe some videos today of it running!

Work hard. It is worth every minute.

John

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 24 2011, 06:14 AM) *

Very nice- but please post more pictures of the engine, transaxle, suspension, brakes, etc. I know that is what keeps me motivated and working towards one day being able to post progress on my car.

Everything looks so nice and clean. Nice work.

Strudelwagon
It's looking Bad Ass. Keep going!
914.SBC
Very, very nice...looks clean. aktion035.gif
r_towle
what is that rear bumper? It looks cool.

Rich
SirAndy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 24 2011, 09:00 AM) *
what is that rear bumper? It looks cool.

Aftermarket 916ish bumper with the straight top. shades.gif
nsr-jamie
I like it, looks really nice too from under the car? Nice work
rick 918-S
More pics please! popcorn[1].gif
avidfanjpl
Hello Guys,

I have a few more pics, so I will post them, but they are a lot of duplicates, I think.

It will be a few more days until we are finished underneath, and then I will take pics of the interior and top of the car. And the motor.

Again, most of the work was by Thomas, with definite help from Dan and Joe Sharp, but Greg and I had to finish the car, and make it NOT 4 colors.

The belts and seats and dash are almost done. I have to clean the interior floors, and soon it will be ready to race.

I do appreciate all the interest. It will be at the PCA AX at El Toro on the 16th.

It won't be as fast as Joe Sharp's car, but it should stick like paint.

I got the front and rear 916'ish bumpers from a Teener on the East Coast, as he decided to sell off his project. The bumpers were just a late night decision that I made, and bought both the next morning. No dogbones in the front, and yes, dogbones are needed in the rear. Wait till it has a proper paint job next year.

Here are the pics! I must tell you all that having this car is a dream fulfilled for me. I knew Thomas a little, and YES, the car is IMMACULATE. It will never see rain, unless it comes during an AX event, but I have 2 covers. Waterproof over cloth in an emergency.

Thanks ALL!

I am so glad I have loved 914's since my first in Oly Blue in 1976. Steve Gaglione was the source of my disease for these cars since his Tangerine Orange 2.0L in 1973, and I think I need one more 6 conversion for the street, when I hit the lottery.

John

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
campbellcj
That looks very tidy - gonna be a fun machine!
avidfanjpl
I am curious pre-AX to see if there is any understeer, due to the lightness of the car.

I am going to get it weighed with corner scales this coming week.

I have absolutely no clue as to the weight. 1800? Less?

Hard to tell, but it pushes with even a slight shove.

One of the things that Joe Sharp said was that every car THOMAS worked on before he left for Germany permanently was that all the cars were astonishingly easy to move, meaning super-low rolling resistance. This is no different

I have gotten up to 3rd gear on a closed street in a helluva hurry, with 2 shifts at 6000 rpm, then jumping on the binders.

Speedo is not working, so that needs to be fixed. The cable works fine and rotates counterclockwise when looking at it bent toward the speedo and the car is moving forward. The unit was disassembled recently but apparently has to be fixed. I have a call into the expert. But, I cannot tell how fast I am going yet in each gear. Theoretically, I am out to lunch on it, so when it is working again, we will know more.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.