Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alarm system
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
All this talk about thieves has really got me worried. (Knock on wood), out of the 20-something cars I've owned, never once have I ever had one broken into. However, I do live relatively close to East St. Louis, and travel even closer regularly.

The teener has a decent JVC detachable face CD player, and a really nice set of Infinity Kappa component speakers. When the teener is out, the roof is usually off, which worries me. But will an alarm go off if someone just hopped in and started taking stuff?

The Acura however, has a $600 Pioneer head unit (8500 model), Rockford Fosgate speakers, and will soon be getting 2 amplifiers and a subwoofer box. It has nothing but the factory alarm.

QUESTION: Suggestions on what to buy (if anything) for both of them??????

--Matt
ArtechnikA
for both ? Rottweiler ...

there are high-end alarm systems that have ultrasonic intrusion / motion sensors.
but i don't think you could pull anything from the dash of a 914 without opening a door; door sensors are easier.

there's a reason front and back trunk and glovebox lock with the ignition key on open cars ...
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Jul 19 2004, 05:31 AM)
...there are high-end alarm systems that have ultrasonic intrusion / motion sensors...

Nope, low-end systems can have this as well (mine does). I recommend the interior sensor, never hurts. Just adjust the sensitivity so it sets the alarm off if it detects right next to the car...not anything within 10' like a lot of the stupid kids do around here mad.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ Jul 20 2004, 05:14 PM)
Nope, low-end systems can have this

so are you saying high-end systems don't have intrusion detectors ?
why wouldn't they ?
nsyr
some systems have an optional sensor. i had a system that had a two way remote. i could actually make it a silent alarm that alerts the remote and a diplay showing which switch or sensor activated the alarm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.