Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interior help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914itis
Here is my scenario,

My car is painted orange, all the interior pieces are black , seats door panels, handles, and backpad. I ordered a black carpet set, after 4 weeks waiting, I received a brown. He claims that's what I ordered, but I know what I ordered.

Maybe this is good, maybe not.

has anyone ever use black interior with a different carpet color? I know that the color of the carpet wil go nice with the paint color.

I am also thinking of painting the door handles in brown as well as the center console for a better match. has anyone used vinyl paints before?

comments, opinions and pictures are welcome and appreciated as I need to make a decision to send this set back.
jim912928
Go black....it will bug you every time you are sitting and looking at it. I'd argue the case that why would you order brown when the car is black and orange!
eric9144
It sounds to me like your gut is already telling you it's not going to look right or be what you want.

I'm with Jim, send it back or sell it in the classifieds, get the right carpet. It may be a setback but in the end you'll be glad the finished product is what you envisioned.
Drums66
.....Send it back, go black poke.gif ....if that is what you ordered??
flag.gif smoke.gif
bye1.gif yellowsleep[1].gif shades.gif
914itis
I checked the invoice and it was a mistake on my part.but. I don't want to deal with the vendor any longer as he has no communication skills and other issues. So bad that if he was the only vendor for 914 I would sell mine.
eric9144
Ouch! Dont let a bad experience get you that down about your 914...there are other vendors out there who are solid and know a successful business is a 'relationship' as much as anything else.

If you can't find a good kit, from a forum vendor, try a sure bet (likely not the cheapest) Auto's International http://www.autosintl.com/

The work I've had them do has always been 10/10 and they have a great reputation.
MDG
QUOTE(eric9144 @ Sep 24 2011, 02:45 PM) *

If you can't find a good kit, from a forum vendor, try a sure bet (likely not the cheapest) Auto's International http://www.autosintl.com/

The work I've had them do has always been 10/10 and they have a great reputation.

+1 for Autos Intl.

Auggie stitched a full leather interior and carpet set for my 3.2 car and it is perfect. Everything fit exactly right. He sent two or three rounds of both leather and carpet samples up so I could choose the exact right combination for my car. An absolute pleasure to deal with. No - not the cheapest but very reasonable for the quality you are getting.
AZ914
Get the black, sell the brown here or ebay
914itis
QUOTE(esses62 @ Sep 24 2011, 08:48 PM) *

I've seen tan carpet, grey, black but never brown. Just tell George to take it back biggrin.gif

Its not brown it's beige (Carmel) and it's Not George this time. I got my share of him and I learned.
Spoke
Sell it for what you can and buy the black. You put too much time and effort into your car to let some simple mistake like this change your plans.
Mike Bellis
Why not just dye it? You do want it black right? Very easy...
Valy
Can we see a picture of the carpet?
Some of us have brown interior and might want it.
nsr-jamie
A and P sells affordable kits in black, I have one and it looks nice now in my car. His name is Morph on this site
914itis
QUOTE(esses62 @ Sep 24 2011, 10:09 PM) *

QUOTE(ppetion @ Sep 24 2011, 08:51 PM) *

QUOTE(esses62 @ Sep 24 2011, 08:48 PM) *

I've seen tan carpet, grey, black but never brown. Just tell George to take it back biggrin.gif

Its not brown it's beige (Carmel) and it's Not George this time. I got my share of him and I learned.

Camel is not bad. Some times it's nice to break up the color. Your seats, panels, ect are black so a beige carpet might not look so bad. Brown is another story hissyfit.gif
Thanks all for your advice. As Scott says, the beige is not too bad, and I may nice breaking the color. I will try that, it I am not satisfy I will use kg6dxn's by dyeing it black
70_914
To answer your actual question- I have used vinyl paint. I painted door panels on my 4 door Rabbit dark blue with red piping when I converted to GTI interior. Adhesion was excellent, color was even, the vinyl was nice and pliable when it was finished. I would, however, not recommend it so much for arm rests. The color will most likely come off after a bit of normal use. Parts that don't get constant contact would be a much better candidate for painting.

Just my opinion...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.