Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cant rev past 4k
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BK911
95k on original engine with FI.

All of a sudden I cant rev past 4k. Runs pretty good until then, but just nothing after. I mean NOTHING. If I am going up hill the car will cruise up at 3900 rpm but will not accelerate at all. Kinda sucks living in the mountains!

Did a leakdown and got 4 4 6 6, so not the best but not too bad.

Checked ignition timing with vac disconnected. Petronix ignition but stock coil.

This part kinda confuses me.
@ 2500 rpm red mark was 0 BTDC white was 20 BTDC
@ 3000 rpm 5 and 25
@ 3500 5 and 25

This shows the marks are 20 degrees apart. I thought they were supposed to be 27? I cant find a black mark.

Setting the timing using either mark does not make a big difference.

Any ideas?
TheCabinetmaker
My first thought when i saw the title was " too much dwell", but you don't have points. Maybe replace with points and condenser to verify the pertronics is not the culprit.
poorsche914
Is something restricting the fuel flow? Clogged filter or fuel pump not working properly? confused24.gif

driving.gif
jaxdream
Sounds like your distributor advance plate is not advancing right. I personnaly would try the points , your Pertronix is working , just don't kill it by leaving the ignition on with out the engine running. You still using OEM FI , more than likely using the stock distributor. hook a vaccum pump ( Mighty Vac ) of some sort to the Vac.Advance check to see how much the advance plate moves , go from there to the already suggested clogged fuel filter , check to see what pressure the pump puts out , also check the injectors for output. Jeff Bowlsby's website has a good check list for D-Jet , maybe check his info out. Good Luck.....

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.