Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to find a hood
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nocones
I am seriously considering another 914. Problem is it needs a hood. How difficult is it to find a straight hood? Is anyone selling a fiberblass replacment of good quality?

Thanks.

Michael monkeydance.gif
Mueller
Luckly for you, the Bay Area is a heaven for 914 parts, quite a few of us have "extra" parts such as hoods that are a PITA to ship. I've got an okay condition white hood located just an hour or so south of you. For new 'glass hoods, HPH, High Performance House in Redwood City would be a good choice. He also has a huge selection of factory hoods and might even have one in the color you need.
nocones
Wow,
Thank you for the prompt and helpful reply Mike.
It's funny, I went and looked at the car this Saturday, realized that the hood would need to be replaced (broken under-hood support) and that the passenger door could stand to be replaced as well (bad bondo repair). I happened to have a 76' (also black) that I was going to rob parts from. Of course, I get home Saturday evening and find an email from the guy who looked at it last week asking to buy my car. I'm glad to get rid of the extra car in the driveway, but damn, there go my spare parts!

If the owner of the car I'm looking to purchase agrees to my offer I will definetly be looking for that hood right away.

Thanks!

Michael monkeydance.gif
lapuwali
IMHO, if this is for a street car, buy another stock (steel) hood. Fiberglass hoods are sufficiently flimsy that you have to remove the hood springs and use a prop rod. The weight loss really isn't much (15lbs, thereabouts), and most 'glass hoods require some effort to get to fit properly and look really nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.