Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bon voyage party for the Creamsickle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
The car is scheduled to be shipped to SF and I'd like to invite everyone to the shop in auburn next Sunday. I was thinking of lunch or early dinner BBQ.

Anyone interested?
NORD

Will the Blue car be there? Its time to get back to it. poke.gif

See if I can make it happen.
Daiberl
Not sure whether I can come, at the moment in Spain, then Germany for a few days, and then back to Seattle on Saturday.

- Juergen
PanelBilly
I only get one parking space, so I won't have the blue car there. I plan to get back to work on it now. I do have the 3.0 in the shop and rebudinh it is one of the next major steps to finishing the blue one.

I am looking at another project too. Not going to jinx that one by talking about it yet. It too would mean leaving the blue car in deep storage for another year.
PanelBilly
The old trunk mat was looking sad. It had rips and cracks and one of the corners was torn off. I used some roofing patch that came in a cauling tube to patch it back
together and then I put a coat over the whole thing. Looks much better now.

Click to view attachment
JRust
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 25 2011, 10:17 AM) *

I only get one parking space, so I won't have the blue car there. I plan to get back to work on it now. I do have the 3.0 in the shop and rebudinh it is one of the next major steps to finishing the blue one.

I am looking at another project too. Not going to jinx that one by talking about it yet. It too would mean leaving the blue car in deep storage for another year.

I may just try to make the trip up. Sure like to see a few of my Seattle teeners before winter sets in. Let me see how my week plays out. Is this a work party Bon Voyage? Not sure if I could drive a teener up or not. My v8 has a wheel bearing that is loud & needs replaced. Be kind of fitting to drive up the LE. I'll have to see how it is running this week. I have it on stands for a few odds & ends.
r_towle
blue cars paint must be fading by now....have you condidered a fresh new coat of paint?

I want to see the motor....post pics.
I bet you painted everything nice....

Rich
Eddie914
INDOOR BBQ? The weather forecast indicates rain for Sunday 10/02/11.

I have a 50/50 chance of being there. It's always great to get together with the PNW Teeners.

One of these days I may actually work on my car instead of just driving it into the ground!

Cheers,

Eddie
effutuo101
Sad I will miss this. I will be out of town.
PanelBilly
No this isn't a work party. That said, if everything isn't done, it may be a work party.

The blue paint hasn't faded....Its in a garage with no windows.

And yes, the fan shroud, ect for the new engine are painted nicely. The fan case is powder coated too.
PanelBilly
Later in the week, I'll be asking for a role call so I have enough ribs on hand. The time has been set at noon and if you need the address, send me a PM.
PanelBilly
A long night driving up to Nate's shop and trailering the car back by myself, I got to drive this baby around the block. Runs perfect! I still have a page long list of things to do. Going to take Friday off from work to give me more time. Damn steering wheel won't be back before the weekend. Hope thats the o ly thing I can't finish.
PanelBilly
I need to shop for ribs. Let me know if you're coming.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.