Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: circular wheel well openings ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
thye would allow for wider tires and many other cars have them.
campbellcj
IMHO it doesn't go with the lines of the 914...such as they are
yellowporky
As always its a matter of opinion. If you are adding flares to a 914 I have never been a huge fan of the gt flares and have always liked a sc or 930 flare that has been installed with some common sense. If you are staying with the narrow body I like the original fender openings otherwise the tops of the fenders look to thin. You can roll the inside lip and slightly pull out on the fender to make room for wider tires.
Only my opinion
JmuRiz
FWIW, the 914/8 (the red prototype) had them in the front.

Are you asking for your car? Maybe talk with Scotty and get his thoughts...
sixnotfour
stirthepot.gif
jimkelly
yeah stirthepot.gif

thanks for the pics cheer.gif
Dr Evil
You can always get the nice flares like I have smile.gif
jimkelly
i saw them in scott's shop - looks nice

are they cfr
http://www.tangerineracing.com/body.htm#Tangerine Signature Flares, With Stock Fender Lip

jim

Dr Evil
Nope, they are Mexican productions from what I told them I wanted smile.gif

Now Scotty is making them perfect. No need for buying anything with those flares, you just cut, splay and but weld in metal.
SirAndy
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Sep 25 2011, 10:35 AM) *
Circular wheel well openings ?

Jasons car with Rabbit flares:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Mike Bellis
Somewhere in its life... mine too...

Click to view attachment
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Chris Scott @ Sep 25 2011, 09:41 AM) *

As always its a matter of opinion. If you are staying with the narrow body I like the original fender openings otherwise the tops of the fenders look to thin.
Only my opinion

agree.gif
The other cars shown have thicker (visually) rear quarter panels and can carry the radiiused rear wheel openings better than the 914 can.

Paul
Dave_Darling
I like the way the first car in sixnotfour's post looks. Not the others; I've never been fond of the "extrusions as fender flares" look.

And I definitely don't like the look of the Photoshop job in Jim's post.

For what it's worth...

--DD
Cairo94507
I really like the of the Tangerine Racing flairs. Very subtle and gets the job done.
JRust
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 25 2011, 01:44 PM) *

I really like the of the Tangerine Racing flairs. Very subtle and gets the job done.

agree.gif I love CFR's flares. I have seen that style done multiple times. I love the subtle look that still keeps the basic lines of the car. From the front or back it is different but from the side looks stock.
scotty b
So should I start building a rotisserie for your car Jim ? stirthepot.gif
jimkelly
no - my right foot does not have that kind of time : )))

--

QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 25 2011, 04:40 PM) *

So should I start building a rotisserie for your car Jim ? stirthepot.gif

mepstein
biggrin.gif
mark21742
I like the look of the radius wheel wells, but then again I like to cut things up and put them back together.....either way man, do what YOU like, since its YOUR car smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.