Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GGR AX?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
The 9eleben boys over at the bird board are all gaga over the Lambo that showed up......it was only a couple seconds slower than the TTOD 914......wow bs.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jul 19 2004, 01:29 PM)
The 9eleben boys over at the bird board are all gaga over the Lambo that showed up......it was only a couple seconds slower than the TTOD 914......wow bs.gif

yeah, trekkor beat him too ...

biggrin.gif smilie_pokal.gif Andy
SirAndy
here you go ...
ArtechnikA
horses for courses, my friend.
let's see how well they compare on the Autostrada ...

one of the key skills in life is knowing where and how to choose one's battles.
and - i suspect - in knowing where it's safe to hammer an expensive, unfamiliar car.

we had a TestaRossa show up at a Reno Region SCCA Autocross school and while it was pretty to look at, i don't think the guy ever got it much off idle all day, and just about had to 3-point-turn the hairpin ...

a well prepared 914/4 could probably beat the pants off Moby Dick (935/78) at your average autocross course -- but i don't think that'd hold me back much on wanting to drive it ...
nebreitling
yeah, sweet car -- driven very carefully. you'd think with such a fast course he'd make some time...

he still managed to knock out a few cones -- everyone laughed their asses off, but felt bad for the guy.
Trekkor
I worked the course with him between run groups.
Here's the deal.

He just got the car back from the body shop as he wrecked it 2 months in and it's only 6 months old. idea.gif

He was complaining that his car is too wide and he could barlely get out of first gear. lol2.gif
Said he was hitting cones near every run.

His instructor was driving in fun runs and clocked a high 42.x just half second faster than me. mueba.gif

Makes a good braggin' story in any case.

Brad calls it a 200mph truck. biggrin.gif

KT
Trekkor
lamb roast cool_shades.gif

lol2.gif
Trekkor
I'm keeping fairly flat now.
Britain Smith
The AX course this weekend was a very high HP course and was flat out in third gear for the first half. My 1.7L did alright pulling in a best of 42.3. The 911 guys and the Lambo guy had lots of fun going very fast.

-Britain
Britain Smith
Here is my not staying very flat as usual!!
Trekkor
Randal spitting out a cone. ( sorry )
Trekkor
Chris Reale
SirAndy
QUOTE(trekkor @ Jul 19 2004, 05:22 PM)
I'm keeping fairly flat now.

yeah right, look at that rear tire! it's off the ground ...

looks like the droplinks on your rear bar prevent the tire from coming all the way down.
wink.gif Andy
peridotian
I did a drive by in the wife's boxster. Wife though the lambo was ugly. What a great setting! Views of the bay and SF and the weather was PERFECT. I especially enjoyed the grey 911 that ran half the course with one front wheel completely off the ground. Brad told me he keeps from hitting cones that way. Do you think he was bullshitting me? I have the boxster at 2600 miles, after 3K MOTORSPORTS ARE PERMITTED.
Patrick
SirAndy
QUOTE(peridotian @ Jul 19 2004, 05:55 PM)
Do you think he was bullshitting me?

biggrin.gif
actually, i have seen this guy going over the top of a cone and not hitting it ...

he got some pretty impressive flex in that chassis,
driving.gif Andy
Randal
Randal spitting out a cone. ( sorry )

You should have gotten a picture of the first spin when I was flat out in third taking that first big right, then left. I never got to the left bit; the rear just followed my right turn in (going left of course).

No warning what so ever....

But that's the way it is when you start changing suspension stuff. Before the first session in the morning Brad put the adjustable Koni's on the back, re-set the ride height and adjusted the Koni's to full hardness.

When I took it out it was like driving a rally car. Never did entirely sort it out, but I badly need new tires. Brad laughed at me when I told him how many heat cycles are on mine. Also we were running a 275 compound on the back and a 210 on the front, not exactly a very scientific approach.

I think the course design was good, but definitely a change up course that would nail you with cones if you didn't pay attention. Probably only 14 corners and two long straights, so it did favor the 911's.

On the good side everyone I talked with liked our new grid scheme.

We missed seeing Andy, Demick, Bill and Doris and all the others that didn't run from the 914 Club.

Good tires or not I'm going to be at the Marina on Sunday. We need to keep supporting all those folks down there as they do a great job.

Also I will be designing the GGR Zone 7 course for August 7th (or 8th) at Alameda. It will not be a 40 second course like Sunday.

LPR is running one of the days, so it's going to be two full days of AutoX.
nine14cats
Damn....I'm having withdrawls....bad...and it hasn't been a month yet! barf.gif

Randal....you want to buy my 2.7 and short ratio tranny? laugh.gif

I'm leaning towards a bigger motor...

Bill P.
Trekkor
Randal, I can't thank you enough for the help you have provided me in a/x. clap56.gif

It looks like I may have to wait until August until I run again.

More madness is heaped upon me.

Trekkor
Brad Roberts
Bill,

dont forget I have a complete injected 3.2 with the 5 usable gear 901 w/quaife. Plug and play or pay and plug however you want to see it.

Yes. Alameda was a blast.. I love the venue..the weather.. everything about it. Just a fantastic place to play. Now I just need a car.

B
ppickerell
It killed me to watch and not to run. My son thought it was WEAK that I would'nt run with clutch giving out. How many miles after rebuild before we can run again?
Brad Roberts
Put 500 miles on it and run it. Just change the oil at 250 and 500 miles prior to running it.

B
Trekkor
I have footage of my first run from my in car video cam.

Very cool to see, but kinda makes me motion sick icon8.gif

No point in posting stills, just looks like walking the course.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.