Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiberglass front fender instalation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
Has anyone put full fiberglass fenders on there car? In perticular the f/g gt fenders from Rennspeed, but any information helps.

I already have an idea of how to attach them. Does anyone have experience doing this?

Also pics would be much appreciated.
SpecialK
URY914 has a VERY detailed thread about f/g fender flare installation.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=ST&f=2&t=13919

Hope the link works, but if not it's just a few posts down from yours.

Good Luck!
URY914
Yes, wee Grasshopper.
Snatch this sandpaper from my hand.

How may I serve you?

Paul biggrin.gif
jgiroux67
Paul,
I figured you could help me out here. What is the best way to attach a full front f/g fender. I have the gt fenders from Rennspeed and they do not have the water channel on them.

How did you attach your fenders?

-Josh
URY914
My fender are removable so my car won't be much help, but I know about removing fenders.

Have you cut yours off yet?

If not what is your plan? To cut them off and trying to not damage them as much as possible or just cut the crap out of them?

Do you want a waterchannel or are you going to put on a f/g hood without a hood gasket?

Tell me what your intent is?

Paul
jgiroux67
I have already took off the fenders. I drilled out the spot welds which was a pain.
I am gonna use a stock hood(F/G down the line) and I am gonna use the rubber rain strip.
I'm gonna have to make some sort of waterchannel for it.

How much of a gap should there be between the hood and the fender and also how much room should there be between the fender and the door?

I had to remove one of the fenders and decided what the hell, why not replace both with f/g fenders that already have gt flares in them.

Oh yeah, how easy/hard is it to make f/g hoods?
Jeroen
For street use, you should best have left some of the steel fender in place, so you can glass the new fenders in (just like you would with flares)

For race use, you could remove the old fender completely and weld some tabs so you can use Dzus-fastners (that's what I'm gonna do)
Or you could leave some of the original fender and use that to mount the Dzus-fastners

cheers,

Jeroen
URY914
Use about 1/16-1/8" gap at the panel joints.

Are you planning on making the fenders removeable?

Trying to make a rainchannel will be a PITA.

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.