Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "closing flap for air return"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rwilner
This is the pin and flap in the fan shroud / impeller housing that feeds the branch pieces.

Mine's missing on the passenger side.

Anyone know where I can get one? anyone have any luck fabricating one?

Also, anyone know where you can get the gaskets that go between the impeller housing and the branch pieces, or have you fabricated something that works?

thx!
Rich
76-914
QUOTE(rwilner @ Sep 26 2011, 02:15 PM) *

This is the pin and flap in the fan shroud / impeller housing that feeds the branch pieces.

Mine's missing on the passenger side.

Anyone know where I can get one? anyone have any luck fabricating one?

Also, anyone know where you can get the gaskets that go between the impeller housing and the branch pieces, or have you fabricated something that works?

thx!
Rich

Rich, I've got one left over. I can't remember if they are different for each side or not, though. pm tonite w/ a reminder and I'll send you a pic. Free + shipping. let me know. kent
r_towle
Rich,

I have no idea what you are talking about...
BUT
I have them, free for the taking.

Rich
nathansnathan
They are different, 1 side from the other. 1 is taller.
TheCabinetmaker
Drivers side is the short one. Easy to make with some soft aluminum.small nail our cotter key makes a good pin
ChrisFoley
Rich, I don't have any of the flaps but I can supply an inexpensive alternative to the repro seals for the branch pieces.
bigkensteele
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 26 2011, 03:27 PM) *

Rich, I don't have any of the flaps but I can supply an inexpensive alternative to the repro seals for the branch pieces.

Chris, I would sign up for pair of the seals as well. I didn't see them on your site. Are they a regular item?
76-914
Oops, I replied in the classified so this is a double post. Is this it?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rwilner
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 26 2011, 08:27 PM) *

Oops, I replied in the classified so this is a double post. Is this it?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Kent
That is exactly what I need. I can't believe you have one of these. Why do you have this??

I love this place... wub.gif

PM'd my address to you. You have earned your good karma for the week.
76-914
Your welcome, goes in the mail tomorrow. It qualified as a letter, .44 cents. biggrin.gif
Kirmizi
Oooooh, please tell me you didn't just throw that in a letter envelope and mail it.
The automation (mail sorting machinery) at the PO just loves that stuff. huh.gif
Mike
nathansnathan
That's the tall one.
dflesburg
I made some with a pair of snips and a stainless steel paper clip
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Sep 26 2011, 08:22 PM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 26 2011, 03:27 PM) *

Chris, I would sign up for pair of the seals as well. I didn't see them on your site. Are they a regular item?

Since I saw the price for replacements at AA I thought about it a couple times but haven't gotten around to putting it on the website.
I can supply silicone adhesive backed strip material, enough for both sides, for $5 plus postage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.