lapuwali
Grandma Moses could spank me...
Joe Ricard
Who am I? I'm the jackass in the yellow 914 with white dots laugh.gif
SirAndy
How do you drive?

straight. ... except in corners. ...
Randal
The more racing you do the more you're inclined to leave racing to the track, where your challenges are measured.
sgomes
How about sitting in the car while it's on jack stands and going driving.gif

Shannon <_<
Brad Roberts
Yep.. what Randal said. After you have tracked a car.. you will leave most of it at the track.

B
Andyrew
I always go the speed limit, I may just get there faster..

I have my little jaunts, but im in between the "always speed limit" and "in the stick/highway".. I dont speed on the highway, When I get older, and the cops arnt lookin for specificly ME, then I'll probably drive like dad...

Andrew
airsix
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 19 2004, 09:04 PM)
Yep.. what Randal said. After you have tracked a car.. you will leave most of it at the track.

B

I sorely wish that were true. I have a sickness. Someone help me please. driving.gif

-Ben M.
Andyrew
Drive something scary fast.. and to the limit... Or have someone very good do it for you...

You kinda stop after that... lol

I still remember when I drove the race car with the new turbo... Had to hold the gas down a certain way for maximum power/boost.. and well... It scared me.. blink.gif

I cant wait to get on the track.. The only way to use that kind of power.
J P Stein
Safely.
skline
I obey the Prima Facia speed laws at all times. Never drive faster than is safe.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(airsix @ Jul 20 2004, 12:23 AM)
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jul 19 2004, 09:04 PM)

B

I sorely wish that were true. I have a sickness. Someone help me please. driving.gif

-Ben M.

You need more track time, sounds like.
ChrisFoley
No category for my driving style in the poll.

I try to use the posted speed as a lower limit, and maintain a high average speed without going nuts. I usually don't go more than 15 above the posted speed for any distance, since I don't carry a radar detector.
Stop signs are taken in second gear unless there is traffic.
If the tires squeal I figure I'm going too fast around a corner.
Historically I tend to drive too fast for conditions in the
winter. driving.gif burnout.gif smash.gif
cnavarro
Country roads are awesome. I just did 135 in my Audi a few days ago (and I was suprised to find there's still life up there; i think it'll do the 155 limit imposed by the chip) and very frequently hit 125 (turbo looses steam at 110) in my wife's new beetle. Granted that's on flat land with no cars around- a few miles of visibility and a damn good radar detector!

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
thomasotten
Real Porsche drivers don't open it up in the busy streets like our cheap-power Mustang and Camaro friends.
Jake Raby
I drive wide ass open and try to break something atleast once a week! When I'm pissed I take out agressions on a dirt bike- someday I'm gonna kill myself!
eeyore
On my motorcycle, I'm usually 10 mph over the speed limit no matter where I am -- highway, city, residential. And if traffic is slow or stopped, then its lane-splitting time. I'm an idiot.
rhodyguy
about 10% +/- faster than the posted limit. to make up for the 50 series tires that throw the speedo out of wack. i never speed and take corners like i'm driving the ford p/u rolleyes.gif .

kevin
jeff
After a couple of track events ay willow springs and button willow i was able to participate in i realize the street is pretty boring ,ive been a firefighter/paramedic for about 12 years now and get to see just how many people loose it ,just a couple of weeks ago a 18 yr old kid lost his life in a new wrx/sti ohmy.gif Ill admit ive pushed it hard but you have to think twice about what can really happen ! I wish i wasnt so i love with my cars i would swith to go-kart racing!
scotty
Country roads have a whole different set of hazards... that said, I use

The Basic Rule

Designated and posted speeds are not the final word in Oregon. All travel on public streets and highways is subject to the Basic Rule. The Basic Rule is both a safety valve and an acknowledgment that drivers are able to act independently, reasonably, and with good judgment.

The Basic Rule states that a motorist must drive at a speed that is reasonable and prudent at all times by considering other traffic, road, and weather conditions, dangers at intersections and any other conditions that affect safety and speed. The Basic Rule does not allow motorists to drive faster than the posted speed, nor does it set absolute speeds designated for all conditions. The Rule expects drivers to be responsible for their own actions.

Sudden braking at 25 mph on ice or snow in a speed zone posted at 30 mph can cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle. In this case, the ice or snow has made the posted speed unreasonable. The posted speed is in violation of the Basic Rule.

...there are times when "rapid progress to a destination" is "reasonable and prudent." wink.gif
aircooledboy
I'm pretty careful, but usually about 15-20 MPH over the limit. It is bad habit, but having been a prosecutor, I know most of the cop types for pretty wide radius around here, so on the rare occasion that I get stopped, I am pretty sucessful in mooching a free pass. happy11.gif w00t.gif
PorscheTom
Heh, with a red 914 and a black 928, the cops are always looking to bust me on Hwy 44. driving.gif I don't give 'em the chance, I try to stay at the speed limit. Following a RV or some truck usually helps. wink.gif
Andy
Pretty slow, I tried pushing it down the street, running and jumping in but I got so tired - I tried to make other people push me around but nobody would go for it.

Oh, a car that runs!?!?! One of these days!
TimT
The more racing you do the more you're inclined to leave racing to the track, where your challenges are measured.

agree.gif werd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.