Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painting warm air parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bigkensteele
I am certain this has been discussed, but a couple of searches yielded nothing close.

Is it safe to paint or powder-coat the j tubes, branch pipes, and warm air valves? I doubt that painting the outside would pose any risk, but I would like to at least get some primer on the inside to prevent rust, but I have no idea how hot these get.

The last thing I want to do is unknowingly huff my handiwork while driving.

driving.gif and yellowsleep[1].gif do not mix...
IronHillRestorations
I use high temp engine paint and then bake them in a oven I've got for shop use only.
wingnut86
I use the high temp paint as well. Bake in the oven when the wife is not home. For 4 or 5 hours happy11.gif

I've always been leery of the 2000 degree shaker cans but admit to using them on occasion when I want piece of mind blink.gif confused24.gif

You can always send them out for some real ceramic coating. Now THAT is piece of mind for hot stuff... aktion035.gif
McMark
They don't get THAT hot. I like powdercoat.
avidfanjpl
I powdercoated all of my hot air parts. No smell except for the first time, and that was idling in the driveway last fall.

Works like a charm.

The new air duct hoses smelled the most.

John
jeeperjohn56
I powder coated all my piece's, no smell's or problem's. John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.