Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting Problems
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914guy
Hello All~
Well I was up until 4:30am last night, but I can proudly say that the engine is in the car biggrin.gif I connected all of the FI wires, double checked that all of my hoses were connected, poured about 2 gallons of fresh gas in the tank, went to turn the key and ............... NOTHING!!??!?!?!?

I get all of the lights on in the car, the battery is fully charged and the ground strap is connected, it just seems like there is no power to the starter. I triple checked all of my wiring and everything appears to be okay.

The one thing that could be the source of my problem, is the clutch and shift linkage are not hooked up, although the car is in Neutral and the clutch is depressed all the way to the floor. I am hopefully going to find shifter bushings and a new clutch cable in Hershey on Saturday I assumed any sensors would have been engaged with the clutch in that position.

Could the clutch be my problem, does anyone have any other ideas??

Thanks,
~Eric
SirAndy
did you check the fuses on the relay board?
also, make sure all connectors on the relay board are in place.
can you hear the fuel-pump building up pressure?

Andy
tryan
no clutch interlock on our cars. check the battery voltage. 12.6 good, 11.8-12 clicky no starty. 11.7 or lower dim dash lights and no nuthin.

turn the headlights on and turn the key to start. if they dim you might need to charge the battey.

just as a precaution triple check the neutral thing or raise one tire( assuming no lsd ). try the screwdriver to the starter trick, but don't kill yourself.

saw the other post. i did not think about the seat belt thing. i always pull the belt over from the passenger side and stick it in the driverside belt latch. i drive like a dumbass when i have a seat belt on.
r_towle
check ground strap from tranny to body.
check for power at the coild (key in run position)

If no turn over, check that all the leads to the starter are on the right terminals.

If still no turn, bench test starter. (jumpers Ground to body, 12 to power lead post) (jump relay)

Good luck
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(tryan @ Apr 25 2003, 03:23 PM)
. i always pull the belt over from the passenger side and stick it in the driverside belt latch. i drive like a dumbass when i have a seat belt on.

Dude, WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!. I worked in an emergency room for 20 years and I wouldn't go 1 block without my belt on. I have spent over 1 1/2 hours picking shards of windshield glass out of someone's face with tweezers on more than one occasion. I've even seen people who couldn't even blink until I was done pulling out the glass that was sticking out of their eyeballs. I once saw a guy that went through the windshield while his lower jaw stayed behind. I could go on and on. I hope I've made my point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.