Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bursch Turbo Muffler for /6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
patssle
I've found a Bursch Turbo Muffler 2 in 1 out (with the number 74 on it, so assuming it's from a 1974 911 engine?).

I need to get the ID measured, but will this work on a '81 3.0L SC engine with headers on it in a 914? Does anybody else have one of these on their car?

Any thoughts to how they compare to a new regular Bursch muffler that Pelican sells?

Thanks!
JmuRiz
I have one as a spare, but not on the car...it should work though.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(patssle @ Sep 27 2011, 07:13 PM) *

I've found a Bursch Turbo Muffler 2 in 1 out (with the number 74 on it, so assuming it's from a 1974 911 engine?).

I need to get the ID measured, but will this work on a '81 3.0L SC engine with headers on it in a 914? Does anybody else have one of these on their car?

Any thoughts to how they compare to a new regular Bursch muffler that Pelican sells?

Thanks!

Let's see a picture.

The Cap'n
Scott S
Does it look like this? (I am still trying to figure out what I have...)
JmuRiz
That one looks like a Triad Scott.
moparrob
Scott I have the same muffler. It is an older Bursch muffler that has been referred to by others as the fuel injection model. I have not heard mine yet but I am told they are fairly loud.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.