Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door handles...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ripper911
So, yesterday I go to get in the car and the drivers side door handle mechanism breaks, and the passenger side is already on the verge of failure. headbang.gif

What usually needs to be replaced?

I know there is a search function on the site, but we'll be heading up to road atlanta later this morning so I wont be able to fix it right now anyway. headbang.gif

I guess I'll have to leave the windows slightly open so that if the other side actually breaks we can reach in and unlatch the top to get in the car. driving.gif
nathansnathan
There are a few parts that break. It can be the tab on the base that holds it to the door or 1 of the 2 tabs on the lever that move the slider, or it can be the slider. The lock swivel can also break.
Brett W
Its probably the white plastic clip on the latch mechanism part of the handle. You can buy that part from AA if you are in the neighborhood, this morning. Doesn't take to long to change it.
URY914
If you have broken the mounting tab where it bolts to the door, I can repair it. PM me for the details. I've fixed dozens. biggrin.gif
stugray
In my experience: If you lock the door, but dont push the lock tab ALL THE WAY down....next time you pull the lever from outside, something inside breaks.

This has happened to me 4 times on two different cars.

So part of this failure mode might be a poorly working lock mechanism as it gets old & gunked up.

Stu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.