Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Tank Screen
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
I just had my fuel tank boiled out and coated, and now I'm in need of the fuel tank screen for the feed line. Where to buy one? Search didn't come up with anything. Also, is there any kind of seal, sealer, gasket, or o-ring to seal the fittings? I saw none upon disassembly (tank wasn't leaking). Oh, one more thing. If I go with the J West AN adapters, can I still use the screen?

Thanks,

Andy
Brad Roberts
I'm not sure if we can buy the "strainer" new or not..Porsche lists it as available. They probably used the same "strainer" in multiple tanks over the years. It doesnt have a specific 901 part number.. hopefully James will see this thread and answer about the sock and his AN adapters.

111 209 147 A "Strainer" <<<< part number

B
Part Pricer
Yes. they are available from multiple suppliers. They are just over $4 each.
Cap'n Krusty
Any of the many Worldpac "affiliates" (retailers hooked up to their system) can get them, probably overnight. I keep one in stock, as do (I'm sure) most busy VW shops. The Cap'n
andys
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Jul 20 2004, 03:51 PM)
Yes. they are available from multiple suppliers. They are just over $4 each.

Which "multiple suppliers?" AA was the only one I found. Please send me a PM for a source; I'd appreciate it.

Andy
RustyWa
What's the Worldpac part number for this?
Part Pricer
The problem with such an inexpensive part is that you are going to pay more for shipping than the actual part.

Best total price (including shipping) to the 91355 zip code is $9.89 from Boozak. Just put the 111 209 147 A part number in their part number search box.

You can check with any of the other WorldPac resellers. WorldPac inventory is currently showing 3 of these in stock.
JWest
I did not include an extension tube with the AN adapter, so no screen. In my opinion, you are better off running a filter outside the tank to catch stuff than for it to build up on the screen and stay in the tank.
Part Pricer
QUOTE(RustyWa @ Jul 21 2004, 02:53 PM)
What's the Worldpac part number for this?

E1010-14684
Cap'n Krusty
Naaaahhhh, that's NOT a Worldpac #. 111 209 147A works, though. The Cap'n
Part Pricer
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jul 21 2004, 03:04 PM)
Naaaahhhh, that's NOT a Worldpac #.  111 209 147A works, though.  The Cap'n

John,

I know something about the WorldPac system and I have the letters and Cease-and-Desist orders from their lawyers to prove it.

That may not be a WorldPac part number, but it is a WorldPac Product Code. It is for a Meyle brand fuel screen. BTW, dealer cost on the part is $3.74.
Cap'n Krusty
Might be the product code, but you can't pull it up by that number. I typed it in and got the "not found" window. The Cap'n
andys
QUOTE(James Adams @ Jul 21 2004, 12:00 PM)
I did not include an extension tube with the AN adapter, so no screen. In my opinion, you are better off running a filter outside the tank to catch stuff than for it to build up on the screen and stay in the tank.

James,

Perhaps for race vehicles, but for street cars it keeps the big stuff from from pluging the hole in the tank. This is what a screen will do (It is a coarse filter). I had an intemitent fuel feed problem years ago. Chased everything I could think of. Took the fuel tank out (it had no screen) and noticed something rolling around inside. It was a pebble the size of a peanut....How the hell did that get in there!? I'd prefer to use a fuel screen.

Will it fit your AN fitting same as the stock fitting?

Andy
JWest
There is no tube extending into the tank with my fitting, so no internal support for the screen. Maybe you could slice the bottom (external) portion of the stock tube off and use it inside my fitting. I think that should work.
andys
QUOTE(James Adams @ Jul 21 2004, 05:59 PM)
There is no tube extending into the tank with my fitting, so no internal support for the screen. Maybe you could slice the bottom (external) portion of the stock tube off and use it inside my fitting. I think that should work.

James,

Thanks. Do your fittings require any sort of sealing device (O-ring) or sealant? How exactly do you keep things from leaking? I'll be looking to buy a pair of your fittings as soon as I'm ready to re-install the tank.

Andy
Mark Henry
Any bug shop should have this part in stock, about 5 bucks.
JWest
QUOTE(andys @ Jul 21 2004, 10:59 PM)
Thanks. Do your fittings require any sort of sealing device (O-ring) or sealant? How exactly do you keep things from leaking? I'll be looking to buy a pair of your fittings as soon as I'm ready to re-install the tank.

Andy

The fittings come with delrin sealing rings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.