Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how would you spend $750....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scottb
my seats need help. now the question is: do i get a good recover or just spring for some after market seats? i may start to ax once i unpack all the crap since the move to mass but what are after markets worth it for daily driving too? i need to make sure i can fit as i am 6'2 and 190. i have heard that some seats don't fit taller/bigger folks....

any thoughts are appreciated......
Lawrence
I'm only 5'7... but I like the stock seats. When I autocrossed, I just pulled off the seat cushion, and I was pretty snug in the seat.

Recovering will look very nice, and with some practice, you can do it yourself.

-Rusty
Jeroen
Spend the money on a fiberglass shell seat (driverside) and redo the pass. seat yourself biggrin.gif

Racing seats come in lots of different sizes. Go try them at a shop.
Don't cheap out on t-frame seats. They're .... well not what I'd want in my car biggrin.gif

They're more comfy than they look (once your seated they're actually more comfy than most other seats) and are just fine for everyday driving (getting in and out is a little harder, but not much)

Momo, OMP, Sparco, Corbeau all have nice ones at decent prices.
Recaro's are nice too, but a little more spendy...

cheers,

Jeroen
SirAndy
get rid of the seat-rails, cut out the cross bar and mount the seat to the floor. works perfect for the taller guys, like me & brad (both 6'1ish). most racing seats, if mounted to the stock seat-rails, will be too high, especially with a helmet ...

Andy
rhodyguy
i sat in an aftermarket seat about 2 weeks ago. corbeau i think. very tall hip bolters and a bit tight in the butt for me for a daily. scooting in and out was not easy. i know i would ruin the sides in short order. but they looked great. there was a posting some time ago about somebody buying some am seats, i think he sold them still near new. go to a swap or show and see if you can sit in some in the car. for a driver i agree the stocks are the way to go. some guys i've seen have one for the ax's and put in the stocker for cruising.

kevin
r_towle
Bud,
Look at the top of the page in the nailed section for the Northeast AutoX schedule..

Not to far from your new home..

Me 6'2" take out the seat bottom and its fine.

E-mail me and I will tell you all the 914teeners around, someone may have some parts for you..

A few racers, some old seats kicking around here in Mass.

Welcome to the Northeast where salt is king and rust is the court jester.

Rich
EdwardBlume
ar15.gif ar15.gif

Corbeau seats are nice and seem to be a good value.

I bought a renegade hybrid seat with the two cushions off ebay for about $250 and like it a lot. It also just slides into the stock rails.

You can also take your seat to a leather store and redo it, or have a lower cushion made for it.

ar15.gif
jimtab
Does anyone know if Sheel (sp) is still in business I had one of their seats in a former 914 and It was great (of course I was much younger and thinner in those days) when I had it the side bolsters were in between the size of the two seats from renegades. At the time the seats were slightly cheaper than recaro but just as well thought of by most of the folks. JIm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.