Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Filler Time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newdeal2
Today I started body filler work on my GT6. Lots of cheese grating and sanding but things are looking good [for an amatuer]. The attached photo is what I am starting with. I will do some after shots in a day or two before we prime.

This photo shows the wheel arch I had to pull out with a stud welder..that was challenging but fun.
newdeal2
And here is the rear end. We discovered the car had been hit and was in about 1 " or so and instead if pulling it out the PO just filled her up with Bondo..this is where I learned to use a dolly and hammer. The center section had a "tin can" effect and it took a lot of gentle persuation ...and patience. smash.gif
URY914
Real Men do thier own body work. smash.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Looks great. That much exposed metal makes me scared. With all the rain we've been having, I like to see some primer on it.

Paul
newdeal2
Yes...I know but my body guy insists I get the filler on the metal first and any surface rust can be removed before we prime. It's just spotty...from sweat!

I should have the body primed by Friday cool.gif
newdeal2
Body work and primers:
newdeal2
rear started too:
Tom Perso
Those are some purdy wheels to be doing bodywork around them!!!

Regardless, looks nice dude!

Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.