Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb Linkages
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Matt Romanowski
I can't take the CB Performance linkage anymore. Between not being able to get any straight angles and the wear that's built into it, I need something else. What system is everyone else using? The Triad system looks pretty good. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt
URY914
Those ball and socket set-ups suck.

I use a Automotion set-up that is sweet, but I don't know if anyone is making one like it now.

It uses hiem joints for the bar pivots and threaded rods to set the adjustment.
rhodyguy
spring for the triad matt. i run one and i like it a lot. similar to paul's. it's based on the wietmeister(sp) design.

kevin
seanery
Matt, I've got a CB that was purchased about a year ago and it is straight. It's very nice and smooth. They have different bases, maybe you just need the correct air cleaner base.
Brett W
I am running a center mount twist linkage. I think it is a bugpack part but it is superior in my opinion to the POS cross bar designs. I have done the cross bar and don't like them at all. If you aren't running a center mounted fan I would look at something like this.

Paul if you would swap those tall stacks for the 3 inch stacks you will pick up HP and a better torque curve. I lost several HP on the dyno when I put those on.
URY914
Brett,

I don't agree with you on the center mount twist set-up. Way too much play in all those moving parts.

And as for the tall stacks-well they look cool and scare the 911 boys. biggrin.gif

Paul
Jake Raby
Paul, I have lost 18HP from those tall stacks on my dyno! They KILL top end power!

The stacks on my 914 are only 3/4" tall and I make power to 7,300 RPM!!

Switch them with shorter ones and watch what happens, i swear.
URY914
OK,OK,OK

(this happens every time I post a picture, somebody finds something I should have done different. <_< )

I'll change them before my next autox.

Now back to the linkage question...

Paul
Jake Raby
You'll need to change jetting also in alot of instances..
Brett W
There is no play in my set up. I took the Kit I bought apart and modified it, so that it has a tight fit. The ball joints are the same as the ones included in some of the high end cross bar kits.
crash914
Hey matt, I have a center linkage that I bought...I have not opened the package yet...come on by and I can show it to you...then you can see if it is any better..

I also have the 103 Nickies to show you.... wub.gif

later, herb
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.