Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Want 365 HP and 420 lb torque?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
I see lot's of posts about using old V8 technology or Suby technology or Rotary technology.

What about brand spanking new technology???

The Ford Ecoboost Motor is a twin turbo V6, with HP and Torque for rear wheel use. It's flat throws you back into the seat of a 5000lb truck, and in the Tarus SHO it's 0-6- in 5 seconds. Air jacket cooling on the turbo and oil cooler built onto the motor.

It would be fun to see some development of modern motors into a 914. What other new motors might we be looking forward to?? idea.gif
70_914
911 Hybrid...
mark21742
GM Ls based engine would be incredible.....here is a pic of my 408 stroker I built for my 04 GTO from a 6.0 bored and stroked truck engine

IPB Image

IPB Image
mark21742
8,000+ rpms and over 600hp smile.gif
dian
would you know the weight of the ford engine?
BajaXJ92
QUOTE(dian @ Sep 29 2011, 07:20 AM) *

would you know the weight of the ford engine?

That would be nice to know as well as general dimensions of the motor...

Is the block all aluminum?

Although with 365hp/420lb/tq and being a V6, I couldn't imagine it weighing too much more than an SBC 350 if its not aluminum.. confused24.gif
wingnut86
Why not go with a FORD piratenanner.gif

I'm not sure how this would stand up to track rigors, but it would be fun as hell, with low end torque AND replacement motors abounding at every junkyard. Not a V8 - just half that from a Detroit Iron perspective, with a hornet strapped to its ass

http://www.bostig.com/index.php?option=com...&Itemid=254

Click to view attachment
SUNAB914
F O R D
O N O E
U A A
N D D
D

Sorry, couldn't resist. beer.gif
SUNAB914
Must have put a Ford hex on me, it just won't line up. Oh well.
Kansas 914
FORD

First
On
Race
Day
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Sep 29 2011, 07:33 AM) *

FORD

First
On
Race
Day

found
on
road
dead
jaxdream
F O R D
Fuchin Old Rebuilt Dodge

Another old one....

Jack
bandjoey
The Mustang crowd is talking about this motor. Looks like the Mustang will get an Ecoboost next year. 449 pounds of weight for the motor and unspecified HP of between 340 and 415.
wingnut86
Not this motor. This is a 4 banger with supercharging or Turbo Whipping.

The Vanagon crowd is using this version for Synchro as well as 2 wheel drive hill climbing. There's also a Youtube video of a Subie passing their Beta vehicle. The guys were filming as the WRX owner freaked out when the Vanagon sped up and caught him. Talk about bragging rights - must have embassed the hell out of the Subie guy...

Go to Bostig.com - yes, shameless plugging - my apologies...

beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.