Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 restoration in New York?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jgordon
I was hoping that you guys could offer some advice:

I have a friend with a 73 914 in Bronxville, NY (just north of the city). I was hoping you'd recommend a good shop to handle the restoration. Money is not a deciding issue, but it would help if the costs could be kept reasonable. I don't think he needs those guys in new jersey that interview people or whatever before working on their cars.

Thanks for the help.

Jgordon

'89 Carrera 3.2 (I know, I know)
Part Pricer
If you want to take it to someone that knows what he is doing, take it to our own Racer Chris at Tangerine Racing.

His shop is about 2 hours from Bronxville.
ynotdd
Chris is great or Keven at PSH on LI ,631-321-5100 flag.gif
Jgordon
Thanks for the replies. Is Deman motorsports good with 914s? I just know them for 911s.

I'll check both of these leads. Any other thoughts?

Jgordon

'89 Carrera 3.2
vortrex
nicest 914 I have ever seen was restored by deman.
Mark Henry
You could send it north of the border to my buddy at Mike's 914's in Ontario.

Good work, labour at .75 cents on the dollar.
morph
QUOTE(ynotdd @ Jul 21 2004, 04:14 AM)
Chris is great or Keven at PSH on LI ,631-321-5100 flag.gif

Sold some stuff to PSH, the guy claims to know what he is doing.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Jul 21 2004, 12:48 PM)
Sold some stuff to PSH, the guy claims to know what he is doing.

He must be better than me, because I don't know what I'm doing most of the time. laugh.gif
Carrera916
Try KAM Motorsports in Waterbury, CT...they do restore and repair Porsches

www.kammotors.com

j
joea9146
Kam is more 356 and old 911's not really 914 guys....
I would go with Chris Foley Tangerine racing

Chris knows 914's
Mueller
don't think he needs those guys in new jersey that interview people or whatever before working on their cars.

I think that is an excellent idea....doing restorations is nothing at all like taking your car in to get the something fixed such as a new starter...pretty much "by the book" with the chance of "gotchas" pretty low....set a price and 90% of the time all jobs will make money.....everyones description or version of restoration is entirely different....communication before and during a job like this is very important for all parties involved smile.gif smash.gif
kenpolives
Go to Chris in CT, there are some nice pics of his rust repair work that was posted by William Harris.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.