Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 foot rest install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Mels
I pull my passenger side speaker cover to install my foot rest D ring and find just a 13mm or so hole in the frame where the screw is supposed to attach. Was there a nut spot welded inside the frame rail that fell off or what? I havent had that cover off for years and don't ever remember having a speaker screw in that spot. confused24.gif
tradisrad
my d-ring lanyard is attached to the bottom screw on the speaker cover.
SirAndy
QUOTE(914Mels @ Sep 29 2011, 11:38 AM) *

I pull my passenger side speaker cover to install my foot rest D ring and find just a 13mm or so hole in the frame where the screw is supposed to attach. Was there a nut spot welded inside the frame rail that fell off or what? I havent had that cover off for years and don't ever remember having a speaker screw in that spot. confused24.gif

If i recall correctly, they used those metal insert clips in the holes that allow you to use sheet-metal screws. The same type of insert is used in other places on the 914, like the door panels etc.

idea.gif
SirAndy
They look similar to this:

IPB Image
914Mels
Thanks for the info, I pulled the drivers side and it too is missing the clip. The remaining holes do have a similar clip to what you posted a picture of so I'll have to see what I can find. Thanks again, Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.