Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Dash Face w/ Pic's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
So last nite I finally got off my ass and completed this. It began out of necessity. I needed a few panels to complete the console that I added to Blackie. Having some experience with aluminum, the materials on hand and given mostly to being a CSOB I decided to burl some pieces for this. I previously posted this work here.... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=135875 and here... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...rling++aluminum , if you give a shit. Satisfied with the outcome I decided to do the dash face likewise. Is there an emoticon for blowing your brains out? Enough! Check it out. Yes, I know the dash is cracked, the vent is dirty, the heater control knobs are filthy and I forgot to polish the lock for the glove box. dry.gif Little by little wacko.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
pt_700
smilie_pokal.gif looks great!
racerbvd
I like, that might look good in my GT clone..
'73-914kid
Looks great Kent! Is that in the white car, or blackie?
Elliot Cannon
Fantastic Kent. Now make one for me. laugh.gif Can it be ready for the G&R? happy11.gif

Cheers, Elliot
majkos
Awesome job dude! aktion035.gif
That would look cool on a Amco console,
Is it hard, or just boring to make (swirls)
76-914
QUOTE(majkos @ Sep 29 2011, 06:11 PM) *

Awesome job dude! aktion035.gif
That would look cool on a Amco console,
Is it hard, or just boring to make (swirls)

Boring. One of those threads gives you an idea. pm for the tool info. You'll need a drill press and an 8' 2x4
76-914
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 29 2011, 04:50 PM) *

Looks great Kent! Is that in the white car, or blackie?

Blackie. She's getting dressed up. See you at the Halloween Run. Happy Birthday, dude.
Dave_Darling
Dang, that's nice work. Too much bright stuff for my taste, though; I prefer the dashboard to be dark colored.

Hey, have you given a thought to a translucent paint over that surface? Some guys named Faberge did pretty well with that look about a hundred years ago... (Seriously, it could look cool if done well!)

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.