Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 with 3.6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914ltd

Owner has decided to withdraw offering. Sorry!

I have a customers 1976 3.6 for sale. This car is gorgeous! Nepal orange with a 5 year old very high quality repaint in the original color. I serviced this car for the previous customer who was a former Porsche dealer and it was the nicest, most original 76 2.0 I remember. The 3.6 conversion was done by the current owner and the work is exceptionally nice. This car looks like Porsche built it.
Fast, smooth, beautiful and worth more! $32,000.

1976 914 Porsche with 911 Engine Conversion
• Nepal orange (recently repainted but original color of car)
• 51,000 miles (original as far as I know)
• California car
• Rust free
• 1990 911 (964) engine… twin plug, 265 hp
• All conversion components (flywheel, clutch, wiring, etc.) from Patrick Motorsports
• 901 transaxle (5 speed)
• Beautiful original interior
• B&B headers with Fabspeed mufflers and custom center exhaust exit
• Early model bumpers (re-chromed, excellent!) with new tops
• Custom gauge for amp, oil temp, oil pressure and fuel level
• Front oil cooler with oil temp regulator and thermostatically controlled fan
• 16” Fuchs wheels (restored to original by Wheel Enhancement), including spare
• 205/55 ZR 16 Goodrich g-force tires (excellent)
• Adjustable 19mm Weltmeister front sway bar
• All new suspension components (wheel bearings, bushings, brakes, 19mm master cylinder, Bilstein shocks)
• New battery

Contact me if you would like more information or specific photos. Thanks! Brad
914.SBC
32k...wow, beautiful car though.
hwgunner
drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif
Cairo94507
That is one nice car. I would love to see you post a whole lot more pictures of this car. I like the exhaust and would like to see some better pictures of it too. Good luck with the sale.
pete000
Very nice conversion, too bad its a 76 !

It would have to vist the SMOG man here in CA !
vwsamba
Good point, He mentions 75 and 76 in ad so a clarification would be very helpful as it would be worthless in CA if it is a 76 mad.gif
QUOTE(pete000 @ Sep 29 2011, 09:39 PM) *

Very nice conversion, too bad its a 76 !

It would have to vist the SMOG man here in CA !

mepstein
NICE!!!!!
914ltd
The car is a 1976. Sorry for the mistake. I don't know how CA emissions work but wouldn't a stock 1990 964 DME engine pass SMOG better than the stock 2.0?
wes
If I had the $$ this is just what I'd be driving, great job, beer.gif best of luck on a sale!
JmuRiz
Awesome looking car!
SirAndy
QUOTE(914ltd @ Sep 30 2011, 05:17 AM) *
I don't know how CA emissions work but wouldn't a stock 1990 964 DME engine pass SMOG better than the stock 2.0?

Nope, it would need all the smog equipment that originally came with the 964 engine in order to pass smog in CA.

Nice car otherwise!
thumb3d.gif
Kraftwerk
Porsche should just start building this car, in this particular orange, with this engine. It is kind of what everybody wants. They could have two models: one with flares and one with out. Nice work.
rjames
Love the sleeper look. Fantastic looking car.
Good luck with the sale!
sean_v8_914
its really not that difficult to make it legal. twin cats required, stock dme
JmuRiz
I know this car isn't for sale anymore...but how is the oil cooler routed? Looks like it may be in the front valence but maybe not through the front trunk...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.