Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 914 2.0 $10,500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914ltd
I have serviced this car for several years. This is one of the most rust free 914's you could find. The mileage is unverifiable but it is certainly a lower mile example. An older repaint with a few small flaws but overall in very nice condition. Beautiful interior, good tires, this car is mechanically ready to drive you home! Strong 2.0 with original fuel injection, console, early style chrome bumpers, original Fuchs wheels with painted background, (these are not reproductions) Bursch quiet exhaust, even the original heat exchangers are in very nice condition. Priced at $10,500. I might consider a good project 914 in trade. Brad

Picasa photo link: https://picasaweb.google.com/11749908675532...feat=directlink

I went over this car carefully today and have more information.
The battery tray has some surface rust but is original and no rust perforations.
The hell hole is solid. Inner suspension drains open and solid.
The jack receivers and supports appear to be rust free. (I didn't remove the steel rocker panels)
Some oil wetness on engine and transaxle but no drips in 48 hours. Heat exchangers appear dry.
Overall this car shows no rust perforations or previous repairs.
The exhaust and heat system is all in excellent condition.
Tires look excellent, recent brake hoses and pads show little wear.

OK, the bad: The repaint was done from Zambisi green to what appears to be Guards red. Trunks, engine compartment, and the area around the fuel tank are all painted red.
The clutch shudders as it engages which might be lubricant on the facing.
Crack in the corner of the windshield, it has been there a long time and probably won't spread.
Several small nicks and scratches in the paint.
There has been some previous body repair from crash damage in front.

I think that is it! Even with the flaws I feel it is still a good buy. Rust free and an excellent driver!
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(914ltd @ Sep 29 2011, 10:23 PM) *

I have serviced this car for several years. This is one of the most rust free 914's you could find. The mileage is unverifiable but it is certainly a lower mile example. An older repaint with a few small flaws but overall in very nice condition. Beautiful interior, good tires, this car is mechanically ready to drive you home! Strong 2.0 with original fuel injection, console, early style chrome bumpers, original Fuchs wheels with painted background, (these are not reproductions) Bursch quiet exhaust, even the original heat exchangers are in very nice condition. Priced at $10,500. I might consider a good project 914 in trade. Brad
Brad, how about my car in trade?? Its listed here. Bob PS or you could just buy mine?
rnellums
Saw this car last weekend. GORGEOUS!
914ltd
bump for more information.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.