Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some motivation...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
futureprimitive
Click to view attachment

Hello fellow Porsche enthusiasts. My poor 1973 914 1.7 is in need of quite a bit of TLC. Not sure if I want to get into this can of worms. I've owned it for the past 15 years. It started as a 1.7 but after some major engine issues a few years back, is now a 1.8 with carbs. Car runs great(leaks oil but I think it's just the oil pan gasket). Body is rough! It was stored at my fathers house for a few years where it got hit on the drivers side front. Anyway, it's in my garage again and don'd know where to begin. Maybe make it into a weekend racer? Maybe just do what I can and sell? Part it out and start over? Just don't know.
hot_shoe914
Clean it up and make it run and go DRIVING!!!
pt_700
i agree, get it running and enjoy driving it. you've found the best place for help with any 914 endevour!

where in norcal? for more motivation, join us at rennsport reunion down at laguna seca in 2 weeks.

welcome to the madness!
69telecaster
Photo doesn't look that bad. What's the left side damage?
A bath, some body work, oil change & tune-up...drive it!

cm
windforfun
QUOTE(69telecaster @ Sep 30 2011, 09:44 AM) *

Photo doesn't look that bad. What's the left side damage?
A bath, some body work, oil change & tune-up...drive it!

cm

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
rick 918-S
welcome.png Be sure to go through the brakes and replace the rubber hoses. Check the memberss vendor area for parts sources and rebuilt calipers. There are also links for how to set the air gap on the rear calipers.

Clean it up and Drive it like you stole it! driving.gif
futureprimitive
Thanks everyone. I will post a pic of the front damage. The car runs. An oil change and some break work makes sense.
Jeffs9146
A good Cut & Buff and white rattle can and you have something to motivate you when you look at it!
futureprimitive
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentA few more iphone pic's.
jsayre914
Looks good to me also. Give it a proper washinh and shine. Change the oil and adjust your valves. Drive it like you stole it. driving.gif

i try to drive my car every day and just take each problem as it comes up. In fact when I decided to work on the motor... I did just like you, and through another one in there. I am actually working on the original motor for the first time in almost 3 years.

Another good motivation is to Drive your buddys car for a few hours biggrin.gif

Good luck !
beerchug.gif
Ed_F
I wish mine looked that good. I don't even have door gaps laugh.gif I will never give up for sentimental reasons.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.