Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting Plan
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
richardL
I have heard some plans of a guy who is planning to mount a twin turbo 956 engine (600+ hp) in a tube frame 914. He plans to use either a 930 or G50 transmission.

Nothing more yet - he expects to be ready by early 2006.

Should be wild ohmy.gif

Richard
TimT
Dont mean to rain on his parade, but a guy here in NY has had one running for a few years

914 panfront firewall, tube frame, 993 front susp, I forgot what rear suspension he grafted in

956TT powerplant (or 962, i always get them confused)
TimT
nuther
TimT
nuther confused24.gif
TimT
burp
machina
well that car must be "quick" biggrin.gif

dr
Mueller
very cool, but I have a hard time considering it a 914 anymore smile.gif

my arms hurt just thinking how hard it would be to steer that thing at slow speeds wacko.gif
Cap'n Krusty
There is a 962 (IRRC) powered 914 in So Cal. Featured in EC years ago. I may have the issue, but I think not. The Cap'n
Brad Roberts
What the F makes this 914 legal for PCA club racing ?? I looked over a full tube chassis 935 at the Parade club race. It wasnt a vintage racer.. the guy just had it built. Didnt even have 911 rear suspension. Pics like this PISS me off to no end when they give us shit about running the tube frame 914.

B
Brad Roberts
Here it is...

B
Brad Roberts
If you squint REALLY hard.. you can imagine a 911 torsion bar tube in there. But you have to have a good imagination.. bs.gif

B
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(TimT @ Jul 21 2004, 05:53 PM)
one running for a few years

Quite a few years! I saw Nick drive that car in 1985 in the Zone 1 Time Trial.
As far as it being legal in PCA racing, can you say "grandfather clause"?
TimT
Yea, Nicky has been driving that thing for years, he balled it up once at the diving turn at LRP..it still has a 914 tub hidden between all the tubing , Brad he has been racing it for years in PCA... and it still has a 914firewall /floorpan, Like Chris says.. grandfathered
cool_shades.gif
TimT
Brad, just goes to show how the rules are "interpreted" differently region to region. They should be the same throughout every region, but if a scrut wakes up on the wrong side of bed or had a late night out unfortunatley cause different interpretaions of the rules..

It sucks.. confused24.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(TimT @ Jul 21 2004, 09:47 PM)
he balled it up once

I was there, missed the impact, but saw it come to rest near pit in. He probably left the track at 120+, without a lot of runoff room. Makes my crash seem like a picnic.
Took him a few minutes to come to his senses again, but he was mostly ok.
richardL
QUOTE(TimT @ Jul 21 2004, 02:53 PM)
Dont mean to rain on his parade, but a guy here in NY has had one running for a few years

Not at all, he was asking if it had been done before - do you have any more info?

I'll pass it on

Richard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.