Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Petit Le Mans 2011
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SGB
Its been an adventure but I finally made it. My throttle cable broke where the Atlanta bypass (I 285) meets I-85. Massive traffic but I somehow found a spot to fall in where there was a ROW. A handy piece of roadside debris, a piece of some kind of strap, tied to the remains of the cable, and I had a hand throttle to get to the 'Platz. I missed the dinner but coordinated with Lewis Broyles (Lewis Broyles racing) and he is bringing a throttle cable and some tools to the track tomorrow. whew. I guess I'll miss some of the race but my throttle arm would get really tires. beer.gif

Great pics. thanks for posting 'em.
carr914
Good to See Everyone ( sorry I missed a couple of you)

Pre Race

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Coming to the Green Flag

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Hey Man, That Jag is HOT !

No Dude, it's ON FIRE!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
The only Luck Audi had, was Bad

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ripper911
A crappy cell phone video of night practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VZXdbmbNOs
ripper911
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
ripper911
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
carr914
blink.gif

Click to view attachment

The DeltaWing - My Prediction, the same amount of Success of the Panoz Abruzzi barf.gif

Click to view attachment

And my New Helmet, Delivered to me @ Petit by the Best Helmet Painters in the World, my Friends @ IndolcilArt

Click to view attachment

Al Meredith
QUOTE(SGB @ Sep 30 2011, 07:54 PM) *

Its been an adventure but I finally made it. My throttle cable broke where the Atlanta bypass (I 285) meets I-85. Massive traffic but I somehow found a spot to fall in where there was a ROW. A handy piece of roadside debris, a piece of some kind of strap, tied to the remains of the cable, and I had a hand throttle to get to the 'Platz. I missed the dinner but coordinated with Lewis Broyles (Lewis Broyles racing) and he is bringing a throttle cable and some tools to the track tomorrow. whew. I guess I'll miss some of the race but my throttle arm would get really tires. beer.gif

Great pics. thanks for posting 'em.

Scott, Did the throtle cable circumcisision technique work??? Al Meredith
jt914-6
Al....I talked to him Sat. afternoon and he had put a new cable in.... smash.gif beerchug.gif
ripper911
He was going to try to get Flying Lizards to trim the cable for him.
Anyway, I know he said he got it fixed, hopefully he made it back alright. driving.gif

Someone should have taken pictures at dinner. chowtime.gif
Vysoc
Hello World,

Petit LeMans was an awesome time, great weather, great people, great cars, alot of speed.
The Black 914-6 in the Porsche Corral "4-Grins" was an unbelievable car. On Friday afternoon the Flying Lizard Trio of Patrick Long, Joerg Bergmeister and Patrick Pilet came by the Porsche Corral and spoke following qualifying in the 5th position in GT2.
These guys are the best and really promote Porsche and ALMS.
I was lucky enough to have all three of them sign the inside of my trunk lid, some would think I was crazy, but to me it's a little racing provenance. They did finish second in class!!!
Also got to take 2 laps with 100 other Porsches about noon on Friday, the 914 really sticks to the track at 40mph dry.gif . Great fun great weekend made the 10 hour drive home on Monday go quicker.

Enjoyed the event!!

Vysoc flag.gif flag.gif flag.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Zimms
It was great to see/meet every there. Dinner was a good time.

TC - Sorry I missed you Sat. afternoon. I killed my phone battery when I left live timing and scoring on.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
avidfanjpl
SMOKIN PICS!

I just watched the 2 hour ESPN overview again.

I would have rather been there.

Those airborne shots are KILLER!

Thank you!

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.