Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From the Crusher
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Toast
IPB Image

I was able to save this poor 914 from the crusher. smilie_pokal.gif It is a '74 2.0 with brown interior, center console, but no swaybars damnit. sad.gif

IPB Image

While the paint is not really good, the body is straight. It appears that the original color may be Ravenna Green biggrin.gif . The "hell hole" looked good for what I could see. unsure.gif Battery Tray is intact. Not sure if it will run, but it's all there (even has some extra parts from some other car)

IPB Image

I will certainly do a better inspection when I pick it up. wub.gif This looks like my candidate for WCC 2005. rocking nana.gif driving-girl.gif rocking nana.gif driving-girl.gif rocking nana.gif

I may have overpaid for it. biggrin.gif

Sorry about the bad pictures. I left the media card out of my camera and had to take the images with my phone. slap.gif
GaroldShaffer
Not bad at all for $300. Looks to have Euro front turn signal lenses, fog lights and a few other good parts. It could very well be restorable. Heck the heads off the 2.0L are worth $300 bucks. I would say good deal! smilie_pokal.gif
MXMARK
WOW!! THAT IS GREAT. Toast, Now you have another 914 cool.
Mark
rick 918-S
beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
way to go! smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Bob
They were gonna crush it and they charged you 300?

What a dick..... blink.gif Was that the scrap value?

Good find, hope it works for ya.
Andyrew
Looks more like a 2006 WCC car..

Why didnt you let em crush it? More value for our cars....

I still like the idea of bill gates buy every single 914 that goes up for sale for 50% more than the asking price so that he owns like 50% of the cars, and then he resells them for 200% what he buys them for...

Thus demanding the value to go up drasticly...

lol
Eric_Shea
You're my hero smilie_pokal.gif

Restore'em don't Crush'em.
GWN7
Looks like a deal to me smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
Toast
Thanks guys! I have a good feeling about this one. And I have a good dream of what I want to do with it. wub.gif driving-girl.gif
skline
Good deal Toast, I would have bought it for 300. As for sway bars, those are easy to add.
ruddyboys
Great deal, keep the pics coming.
markb
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jul 21 2004, 03:36 PM)
You're my hero smilie_pokal.gif

Restore'em don't Crush'em.

agree.gif
curtis
Hell toast even if you decide not to restore it it looks like you might have a little gold mine worth of parts considering you only paid 300 bucks!!! Hope you restore though! Good luck! clap56.gif
Toast
Wwwhhhaaaaaa!! It's ALIVE!!
calvin.gif

Finally got it fired up last night!! It sounded pretty damn mean for not being registered for 15 years!

Changed the relay, attached a temporary seperate ignition/turn signal assy, did voltage checking and adjusting, and fired her up! Added some more gas and did fired her up some more.

Damn guys, you should have heard it! Had some backfiring, but that is another issue.

For more pics and info, visit this link... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=14788&st=
I dont know how to join the two threads.

rocking nana.gif wub.gif mueba.gif w00t.gif driving-girl.gif clap56.gif lol2.gif aktion035.gif dance.gif girlboing.gif

Can you tell I'm excited?

P.s. I have a working clock! Neener Neener Neener happy11.gif
tat2dphreak
Kick ass! smilie_pokal.gif

great find! glad another is saved!
Zeke
Let me know when it'll make it to Long Beach and we'll have a donut party for ya.
Mrs. K
Good job, Toast! Does this mean that you have 2 teeners now? Geeze I am so jealous, I don't even have my first one yet! But I'm still trying to keep the fire lit under Scott's butt to get his Chalon going! And he is making good progress biggrin.gif
There is just that small detail of working to make the money required to finsh everything! Takes some time away from the garage ya know! type.gif

Hope to see ya at the WCC 05!

Lisa driving-girl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.