Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foglight numbers ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
a914622
So iv been reorganizing the garage and i came across a pair of fog light that do not look like the outhers.

Part numbers are 4572r8 4571 has 2 E1 incircles above the part number and an A in a circle to the right of HELLa. Around the outside 0-101289- made in germany igm5148 HR k4572.

I searched but came up with nothing. The bulbs are in center back.

any ideas?

thanks jcl
partwerks
QUOTE(a914622 @ Oct 2 2011, 02:09 PM) *

So iv been reorganizing the garage and i came across a pair of fog light that do not look like the outhers.

Part numbers are 4572r8 4571 has 2 E1 incircles above the part number and an A in a circle to the right of HELLa. Around the outside 0-101289- made in germany igm5148 HR k4572.

I searched but came up with nothing. The bulbs are in center back.

any ideas?

thanks jcl

Don't know if this is of any help or not?
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=261324
a914622
Sweet!! those are the ones i have.

so that board format is screwy, but they are 914-6 euro?
a914622
Click to view attachment

I cant find the email that requested a pic, sorry

Strudelwagon
QUOTE(a914622 @ Oct 8 2011, 07:13 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I cant find the email that requested a pic, sorry

Check out P914.com he has it all.
http://www.p914.com/p914_lenses_fog-hella_tn1.htm

I thimk you have the TN4
SW
a914622
SO what are they worth??

Iv had early 911 guys tell me it has a "118 lens" using a h3 bulb that was only euro. Any idea of sale price? I have the 75 bumpers so i probably would not need them.

jcl
eric9144
Those were pics of mine that I've had in my 'stash' for 15+ years.

Was fishing around for the other pics I had, but they're on my home computer and not here at work, I've still got the original boxes etc with the Porsche part #'s on them.

They are the euro spec driving lights--not offered in the US from what I know, they were on European delivery vehicles (I think) and the GT's that were using stock lighting locations.

They were big money even back in the day if you could even find them--I think I paid around $350 in the mid-1990's...Now they are "unicorns" and I'm sure you could name your price and the right Concours guy will pay it. Keep in mind that at the same time a brand new factory dash was the same price. I've been reluctant to throw mine on for that reason...

They're a bit different from the US Fogs as the lense seems to be sealed to the housing, the lenses themselves have less fluting, the bulb mounts directly from the back and uses a Halogen H3.

If you have them, I'd say use them, they're WAY better in terms of lighting the road compared to the US Fogs...

eric9144
Pics:
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
eric9144
BTW, since the lens seems to be sealed, the only way I found to clean the insides (mine were fogged up from sitting on a shelf) was to remove the bulb, and clean the inside of the lenses by poking something through the back, it's a pain in the @ but worth it.

I used the gun cleaning rod from my .22 with cotton patches and mineral spirits, worked GREAT!
eric9144
Example:
Click to view attachment
914ohana
If anyone is interested in selling at least 1 lens... I've been looking for a 4571 replacement lens for a cracked one that came on my 914-6 project. Btw... it was a euro version, so I think your got something with this lens being installed in germany and not US.

Let me know either way...smile.gif

Cheers!
Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.