Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German Auto Festival September
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Howard
Let me start by apologizing for pissing everyone off. I was expecting a bit more guidance from the club on this. We don't even have permission to use 'WCC 2005' or '914world.com' to promote the event. Maybe I'm just being picky.

IMHO the issues of when, where and what we do are not that important. If we build it, etc. The few who cared enough to vote in the polls told us what they wanted, and those are the guidelines I have used.

I did send a request to Willow to reserve the streets for the first Monday in May. They are not booking that far in advance, but we now have first right. No deposit requested.

Casa Sirena has offered to comp a few rooms to sell us on their facility. I would like to take advantage of their offer the night of 9/11/2004 since they are just a few miles from the Ventura Fair Grounds and German Auto Festival 9/11-9/12.

Please understand that the Ventura/Willow venue is just one idea. If you have another plan, please bring it with cost estimates, dates, and such. I really wonder how many people would not come if we did not have any 'track' event.....

Anyway, let me know if you want to come to Ventura. First round is on me.

PS. Slits, don't leave me when I need you most wub.gif
phantom914
Not that this is the only posssible plan, but the idea of having the track event on Monday should work out really well. Those that don't care about a track event will leave on Sunday. Those that want a track event will have a reason to come and won't care about thedrive. I don't see much of a down side. The reports of many attendees of WCC'04 being afraid to try the Autocross means that they would have come even if there hadn't been an Autocross.

Ah hell, I don't know why I'm so long winded. We decide what to do and then do it and accept that you can't make everybody happy. That's it.

Andrew
seanery
We decide what to do and then do it and accept that you can't make everybody happy

That is what we learned last year. The polls led the way, you can see that with the polls this year, too. But, what the polls don't show is that the choice folks pick is just their first choice, it doesn't show how strongly they are against the others. Most folks hoot and holler for their first choice. If it isn't picked, they'll either bitch about it or sit back and enjoy the ride. I think most folks last year sat back and enjoyed the ride.

Whatever this committee comes up with will be a hit I'm sure. Howard, this is the WCC05, 914Club event and yes, you do have the right to use the name.

OK, let's have fun now! beerchug.gif
Toast
I really wonder how many people would not come if we did not have any 'track' event.....

Didn't we have like 92 cars and some 115 people attend last years event without a track? mueba.gif

Anyway, let me know if you want to come to Ventura.  First round is on me.

ME, ME, ME, ME girlboing.gif

PS.  Slits, don't leave me when I need you most  wub.gif

Yea Slits! alfred.gif Aren't we suppose to be planning our secret event that will be better than Howards?
OOPS! JK

happy11.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Toast @ Jul 22 2004, 11:12 AM)
Anyway, let me know if you want to come to Ventura.  First round is on me.

ME, ME, ME, ME girlboing.gif

PS.  Slits, don't leave me when I need you most  wub.gif

Yea Slits! alfred.gif Aren't we suppose to be planning our secret event that will be better than Howards?
OOPS! JK

happy11.gif

Huh?
drew365
Doing a recon of Casa Sirena is a good idea. I don't know if I'll be able to partake or not but I'll try. My wife is allergic to car events. Don't see why anyone would be pissed off. We're all adults aren't we? beerchug.gif
Andyrew
So your thinking WCC 2005 will be in september?

Or is the German auto festival just another separate event (I like separate...)?

Andrew
phantom914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 22 2004, 08:23 PM)
So your thinking WCC 2005 will be in september?

Or is the German auto festival just another separate event (I like separate...)?

Andrew

No, the recon of Casa Sirena will coincide with the festival this year since it is close by. WCC'05 sounds like it will be in late spring (early May).

Andrew
Brad Roberts
I'm confirmed for attending the German Autofest. Things are starting to slow down at the shop a tad so I should have more computer time over the next 6 months.

B
skline
I will be there Howard, contact me directly to let me know some details on what day and such. I am not sure If I can do the whole weekend but could drive up for a one day thing.
phantom914
Sunday September 12 would work best for me.

Andrew
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.