Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Unique Front Spoiler Ships from Sacramento California
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
THE STIG
This is the only one of these I have ever seen. Maybe a 914 old timer will provide the info here. I bought this several years ago, but am not going to use it. I shot a fresh coat of SEM trim black on it.
Bruce Hinds
what are the weird cutouts for?
THE STIG
I was told at time of purchase they were for brake cooling ducts. When I held it up to the front of a 914 the openings are in placed in front of the small round holes in the tub with the rubber plugs. Not all cars have the holes, but most do. I suppose you could put an oil cooler behind them as well.
THE STIG
icon_bump.gif
THE STIG
One more go around! Let make a deal here!
racerbvd
Phil had one like that, he ordered it from J.C. Whitny..
THE STIG
icon_bump.gif One more go around...
THE STIG
icon_bump.gif for the only JC Whitney 914 spoiler I have ever heard of...and I do not believe JC Whitney made this part. It is a quality spoiler. Very well made, and never mounted.
chuckc
If shipping from england to NY wasn't crazy I'd be interested, but I have a feeling it would cost as much to ship as it would for the part. I like it.

peace,
chuck
Scott S
I like it too - looks very similar to this one.....
THE STIG
I like it too, I wanted my car to look like Bontempis silver car, but the car I have is to cool to drill the deck lid for the rear spoiler, and I didn't want a front only. Spoiler is in Sacramento Ca. Thats a cool Vintage racing photo. chuckc, e-mail sent. Also FYI, $150 plus shipping is my bottom on this, like my Brother used to say "It ain't eatin no hay" Yep I am from a farm...

THE STIG
racerbvd
QUOTE(THE STIG @ Nov 16 2011, 07:37 PM) *

icon_bump.gif for the only JC Whitney 914 spoiler I have ever heard of...and I do not believe JC Whitney made this part. It is a quality spoiler. Very well made, and never mounted.

Well, Phil use to order a lot of stuff JC Whitney and they use to sell a spoiler that looked just like that, and it was a nice part, never said it wasn't, only where I had seen it.. They also sold some for VW and you could buy Jacobs ing. systems cheaper from them than any where else..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.