Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 sighting at VW Harvest in Leander, TX.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SCV
Didn't look too closely at the body aside from the VIN tag (to determine the year) and a once-over of the engine compartment, but it appears to be in good condition. It would be cool if its owner is a member here.

-S
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
willamp
SCV,

That's my car and me sitting in the chair in the background of your 1st pic. You shoulda stopped over and said Hi. Do you have a car on the road, or resting on jackstands?
SCV
QUOTE(willamp @ Oct 3 2011, 10:22 AM) *

SCV,

That's my car and me sitting in the chair in the background of your 1st pic. You shoulda stopped over and said Hi. Do you have a car on the road, or resting on jackstands?

The '75 is driving again after rear wheel bearing replacement, but I drove the '71 Super to the show. The Super isn't pretty/show-worthy, but all of the mechanical stuff is done. The Super and the 914 share driving duties on an alternating basis, and it was the Super's turn for a drive. Was in a hurry or I'd have stopped, and was almost unable to go to the show at all due to non-fun family stuff.

Are you a member of any local clubs?

Anyway, cheers! Your car looks fantastic in person.

-Stephen
Steve73
Great looking car, I have the same year, and the same original paint I think until some idiot panted it orange. (they painted over the door jam sticker too)

It's cool that you both found each other on here.
SCV
Here are a few relatively recent pics of my '75, FWIW.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
willamp
Stephen,

Cool cars. You should come out to cars and coffee sometime in Leander. I live nearby and am usually there except for yesterday because of the VW show. 1st Sunday of every month 11:00 to 2:00. Hope to meet you sometime.
SCV
Cool! I'd like to go, and will plan to do so next month. Is there a set place to meet, or does it change from month to month?

-S
willamp
QUOTE(SCV @ Oct 3 2011, 02:56 PM) *

Cool! I'd like to go, and will plan to do so next month. Is there a set place to meet, or does it change from month to month?

-S

It's always the same place, 'downtown' Leander. 1 block west of 183 on 2243.

There is specific parking for different makes and worker dudes will show you where to park. Porsche and VW are on different sides of the event. Hope to see you there.

http://austin.carsandcoffee.info/
m170seeker
I live in Austin and have a 74 2.0 Good to see you guys close by.
Eric_Shea
worker dudes will show you where to park

So, just because you have a 914 they automatically put you in the handi-cap spot? biggrin.gif
SCV
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 3 2011, 03:47 PM) *

worker dudes will show you where to park

So, just because you have a 914 they automatically put you in the handi-cap spot? biggrin.gif

LOL! av-943.gif

76-914
QUOTE(SCV @ Oct 3 2011, 09:45 AM) *

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

this pic looks like south Austin; maybe close to south Congress Ave????? Don't sit in those chairs too long if you don't like chiggers. beerchug.gif Those used to be my stomping grounds.
jpnovak
I am also in Austin.

I host a email list of early 911 owners. There are several teeners that join in the fun. Let me know if you are interested in a drive sometime.

willamp
QUOTE(jpnovak @ Oct 4 2011, 08:59 AM) *

I am also in Austin.

I host a email list of early 911 owners. There are several teeners that join in the fun. Let me know if you are interested in a drive sometime.

I'd be interested in a drive or other get together. Please pass on the info here or PM.

thanks
Ed_F
I'm outside of San Antonio, but would love to join a drive when mine is roadworthy again!
SCV
QUOTE(76-914 @ Oct 4 2011, 08:43 AM) *

QUOTE(SCV @ Oct 3 2011, 09:45 AM) *

this pic looks like south Austin; maybe close to south Congress Ave????? Don't sit in those chairs too long if you don't like chiggers. beerchug.gif Those used to be my stomping grounds.

Cool, Austin is a great place to be, no doubt. Biting arachnids and insects aside, of course. FWIW, I'm nearer to Hyde Park and UT than South Austin. beerchug.gif

-S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.