Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Sway Installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Do I need the reinforcement plates that mount inside the trunk? I have the proper Engman mounts for the underside of the car. Car is a driver, with a little DE going on?

If I do need 'em, does Engman have 'em?
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Jul 22 2004, 11:11 AM)
Do I need the reinforcement plates that mount inside the trunk? I have the proper Engman mounts for the underside of the car. Car is a driver, with a little DE going on?

the factory used them. so there's probably a good reason for that.

<_< Andy
Jeroen
The stock ones in the trunk look really flimsy (1mm sheetmetal?) but I guess something is better than nothing rolleyes.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
jim912928
From what I've been told..you need them on pre-75 cars...but 75 and 76's are already reinforced because of the big bumper stuff.
Engman
Yep, got them. Best to use unless you have a 75 or 76. PM me and I will get you some.

Thanks

M
RustyWa
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Jul 22 2004, 10:37 AM)
From what I've been told..you need them on pre-75 cars...but 75 and 76's are already reinforced because of the big bumper stuff.

I was looking at the Doctor's 700 tips book. In there they show that the '75-'76 cars have a different plate set-up that goes under the car. You know that plate with the two nuts attached to it. The '75-'76 plates don't have the bend in them.

I didn't realize that before.
jgiroux67
Any pictures of all this stuff?
davep
The top reinforcement plate is just a simple piece of sheet steel and can be cut by hand. All you need is a pattern; and not much of one either..
Eric_Shea
I got all my mounts from Mark... they're great. The ones he has are much more substancial. Mark, I drilled mine (rear reinforcement plates) for rosette welds... could that be offered? confused24.gif
Engman
Good suggestion - I will add that to the program. wink.gif

Factory ones were spot welded in - kinda tough to do now. A couple of 1/2" tacks top and botton with 2 tacks on each side (min 1/4" long) should distrubute any load.

M
Steve
I have a set of the factory ones and never used them because I have a 75.
75 and 76 have a flat nut plate that's welded to the chassis.
Pre 75 have a L shaped bracket that needs the reinforcement plate in the trunk.
I will be on vacation for a week.
But if someone wants them I can send them out when I get back.

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.